Converting UK-2-Thai Driving License

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a Thai Driving license & would appreciate any advice (apart from don't drive here, I want the license more for driving when I'm overseas than in Thailand) on how best to go about it.

My current (UK) driving license expired in 2013  & as I've been living overseas since 2008, I've not been able to renew it (I know I can lie & say I live in the UK, I still have a house/bills/pay tax there, but I choose not to) so am not sure if it's even possible for me to convert.

Does anybody know whether I'll be able to convert my (expired) license or will I need to start from scratch and take the driving test?

If it makes any difference, I still have the old green UK driving license (Long story short, car stolen, wallet in car, 18 months later police return wallet with driving license by which time I'd got a new pink one) - are these still valid and would I be able to convert this?

Thanks

MTV

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I still have the old green UK driving license

Don't see why you can't get Thai one if the old green one is still valid, I got my licences in Thailand with one.

All I can say is go to your nearest DLT and find out, if not you can arrange to take a test.

Archived