What type of visa is required to convert to marriage visa

I've read some conflicting information about the type of visa I'll need when entering the country before making a marriage visa.

I've previously had a marriage visa so I have all the paperwork, and need to know if the standard 30 day tourist visa will suffice or if I have to go the embassy and get a different visa before I arrive.

Thanks!

If possible it would be best to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. at a embassy or consulate before entering the country.

You must have a non immigrant visa entry to to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

You could enter to get a 30 day visa exempt (not a tourist visa) entry and then apply for 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of it on the date you apply. General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

You will also need to show all the photos and etc required for the extension application and again when you apply for the extension during during the last 30 days of the entry. 

Thanks for the response!

Can you confirm the visa I'd need is "Family Visa O Single" listed on this page?

https://www.thaicgny.com/ภาษาอ-งกฤษ-english-version/visa-service/non-immigrant-visa/

After entering with that visa, I'd have to wait 2 months before applying for the actual marriage visa correct?