Retirement extension renewal paperwork requirement at Jomtien?

Hi Guys,

My retirement extension expires in May and my plan is to head to Jomtien immigration office to renew it 30 days prior to expiry. I was hoping someone could advise what forms and photocopies they are looking for now?

I do not own a condo but have a rental agreement, I have the 800K in the bank (several years) I am not in Thailand just now but plan to fly in and do the extension the next day. I do have a TM30 in my passport for this address so am hoping I don't have to fill that out as well ????

cheers

The copies and form are still the same as needed for you previous extension applications.

The have not been asking for a new TM30 after being out of the country from those on extension based upon retirement.

• Thanks 1

Mine is coming up too. I presume the requirements are still :-

1. Bank letter showing the 800k balance, same day as extension application.

2. Passport of course and copies of visa, previous extension, TM6

3. Evidence of residence, i will show my driving licence or utility bill.

4. Photos

5. 1900 baht

6. Completed TM7.

• Like 1

OP. Same as last year, although 2 months seasoning to be demonstrated rather than 3 (do 3 anyhow).

I have never had a TM30  slip and have only included a phone bill to prove address.

Here is my trusted list.

Original Passport

Bank Letter (same day for me, I withdraw some money, update book, copy it then get bank letter). 

Completed TM7 form

Passport Copies, all signed:-

Main Picture Page.

Transfer of Non-Imm O Stamp from old PP. (If PP same with original Non-Imm O  there, copy that).

Last Tm 6 card and Entry Stamp.

Previous (current) Extension Stamp.

Updated Bankbook, copies. (sign them too)

Name Page.

Previous 3 months (maybe 2 OK) details up to date of Bank Letter.

One Photo.

Home Utility Bill as proof of address (Original and a Copy, give them copy)

1900 Bhat.

A filled in TM30 (not needed, not handed in, just in case!)

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

Jomtien Immigration office (as of my last extension)

Note: The attached Tm.7 and TM.8 forms are the newest versions courtesy of UbonJoe.

Paperwork required for Extension of Stay renewal (as well as your passport obviously):

1. TM.7 completed and signed, with passport photo attached (include your phone number by your signature). Blank TM.7 form.pdf
  2. Bank letter (sufficient funds) as well as photocopy of updated bank book pages (page showing your name and account number and page showing the recent balance update. (The letter and update should be no more than 1-3 days old. 1 day if you are going in the next day, or 3 days if you update on a Friday and go in on a Monday morning or after a holiday. I generally go first thing in the morning so I get my letter and passbook updated the day before.)
  3. Photocopies of - Face Page of Passport, page showing transfer of Visa from old passport (if applicable), page showing current Extension of Stay stamp, page showing last entry date into Thailand.
  4. Photocopy of Departure Card.
  5. Photocopies of recent utility bills (showing your name/address) OR a photocopy of your THAI driver's licence (front and back) if you have one.
  6. Plus the 1,900 baht of course and that's it !

(Sign ALL photocopies of course - can be done ahead of time as they don't seem to need to see you sign them.

No TM.30 or rental/lease agreements required (or asked for). I used to just use a photocopy of some utility bills (the front part where it shows your name/address) but last year was told I could do that or use a copy of my THAI driving license (front and back sides). (Assuming your license shows your proper address of course.)

For the Multi-entry permit:

TM.8 completed and signed (also include phone number beside signature) and photo attached. Blank TM.8 form.pdf

Photocopy of Face Page of Passport, last re-entry permit stamp, last arrival stamp and new Extension of Stay stamp.

Photocopy of Departure Card.
3,800 baht.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1040857-2018-renewal-of-extension-to-stay-jomtien-retirement-extension/

They have another form for you to sign when you hand in your paperwork. It is an acknowledgement about overstay penalties I think. 

Fill out your paperwork before you go (and sign your photocopies) - it annoys the IOs when people show up at the desk and haven't even filled their names in on the paperwork.

Edited by Kerryd
  • Thanks 2

I go in with all that paper work but also assumption they will ask for copy of something I didn't foresee. Luckily they now have copy facilities in house. Attitude keeps me from blowing a gasket

• Like 1

I did mine 4 weeks ago and they wanted 2 copies of my passport photo page and 2 copies of my bank book they said it was because i had to come back in 90 days with an update of my bank book to show I still had 800k in it

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, AliG said:

I did mine 4 weeks ago and they wanted 2 copies of my passport photo page and 2 copies of my bank book they said it was because i had to come back in 90 days with an update of my bank book to show I still had 800k in it

I have had the 800k in the bank for a few years, but I travel a lot and there is little chance I shall be in Thailand in 90 days to show them the passbook - I imagine that might become an issue

6 hours ago, AliG said:

Interesting as did mine about 3 weeks ago and the lady made the copies herself at a machine next to her and gave me one with the date to return and show the bank book again.

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Note: The attached Tm.7 and TM.8 forms are the newest versions courtesy of UbonJoe.

I find something strange in the formatting of these with where my middle name would go. Tried using last year and again this year and gave up as it looked all wrong.

Although Jomtien accepted the old form without any problem I would prefer to use the current form but need to remember to spend some time on the doc.

6 hours ago, scotinsiam said:

I imagine that might become an issue

They will ask you to come back as soon after as you can. As long as the money is shown to be there you should not have an issue.