Chaweng main road closed 3 days during songkran april 12 to 14

I just wanted to pass along some news that I have been hearing constantly from multiple people that I interact with that include some villas, restaurants, hotels and travel agencies, from what I know chaweng will have songkran 3 days this year beginning from april 12 to 14 and supposedly the main road into chaweng will close.  

by the way Im posting this as trying to let people know and also hoping to get more sources as well, it would be nice to be sure of this as a few people i know are trying make sure as want to inform there guests / customers and to avoid unnecessary trips if can't go into chaweng. 

any updates, sources anyone else can provide would be greatly appreciated
thanks  

To my knowledge, its the Beach Road that should be closed.

However, I wonder if the tourists would like three days of Water War, instead of the usual evening, and following one day only...????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge, its the Beach Road that should be closed.

However, I wonder if the tourists would like three days of Water War, instead of the usual evening, and following one day only...????

The Beach Road will apparently be closed to all traffic on Saturday 13th April EXCEPT for the Gay Pride Parade.

http://www.samuitimes.com/alpha-gay-resort-spa-is-excited-to-announce-our-2nd-annual-songkran-pride-parade-in-its-second-year-running/?fbclid=IwAR38-rGFmPJRZuBSy29jqkmYMA4NGcc4hAcEwQvPyttjoKbskPClVFknMZ4

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

13th April, seems like it could be a wet parade...????

Someone told me that there would be a band or DJ's outside Central, so that part might be closed as well.

Not sure if she meant the road that runs towards the beach, or the road along the lake.

Might be best to do any shopping at Tops on Thursday.