MITSUTA AND AIR CENTRAL A/C

beachtime

Central Air is very old Thai firm - have no idea of quality today but few decades ago had a floor standing unit that worked well.  I would closely look at the government stickers listing operating costs as there can be large difference between models - even of the same brand.  So initial cost may not be good value if you use all the time and pay more for electric.

• Like 1

I bought a 17000 btu inverter carrier, 17.6 SEER...for 19,500 installed...Central wont be less..and Trane is only a little more, like 22000.  Central is a good, local company...let us know what kind of price you can get.

I am doing an experiment of some kind I guess on the power bill. I bought 4 x LG Dual Inverters for downstairs in our house. They were on a super special offer at the time. 3 x 12,000BTU and 1 x 18,000BTU. We also insulated the roof space using SCG thermal rolls. 

The LG Units are really quiet. 

Lets see if this actually reduces the Lekky Bill. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

I am doing an experiment of some kind I guess on the power bill. I bought 4 x LG Dual Inverters for downstairs in our house. They were on a super special offer at the time. 3 x 12,000BTU and 1 x 18,000BTU. We also insulated the roof space using SCG thermal rolls. 

The LG Units are really quiet. 

Lets see if this actually reduces the Lekky Bill. 

my march was down about a 1/4 from feb, and it was much hotter in march, after replacing a pretty decent 15 yo non-inverter.  I redid my ceiling and 86ed the can lamps..some great newish stuff out there to use. Saw several great SCG products.  Finding a place to buy exactly the one you want is another story.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, moontang said:

my march was down about a 1/4 from feb, and it was much hotter in march, after replacing a pretty decent 15 yo non-inverter.  I redid my ceiling and 86ed the can lamps..some great newish stuff out there to use. Saw several great SCG products.  Finding a place to buy exactly the one you want is another story.

Gives me hope. I did the SCG insulation direct with them. 

1 hour ago, Snow Leopard said:

Gives me hope. I did the SCG insulation direct with them. 

were there any minimums, fees, or other restrictions?  I actually live near HQ, and when I google many building materials, SCG HQ is at the top of the list, but I didn't see any way to order.

5 minutes ago, moontang said:

were there any minimums, fees, or other restrictions?  I actually live near HQ, and when I google many building materials, SCG HQ is at the top of the list, but I didn't see any way to order.

I will find out from the Mrs.