Where to buy Arapaima fish in Thailand/Asia

15 minutes ago, See Will said:

Cheers mate,

I know in Europe they want about 300 EUR so I reckon at JJ Market incl Farang Fee should be the same.  

I'll send my wife and keep a low profile till the deal is done ????

I went there one time looking for largemouth bass fry.  They're sold in bulk in the USA for peanuts.  In JJ, they were $30 each.  Sadly, it's a pet market, not a "stock your pond" market.

They have some gorgeous arapaima, but I'm not up on the different breeds.  Maybe with your wife's communication and negotiating skills, she'll be able to find a better deal than I could as a white guy.

I will sure have a look what is available. I am not into Albinos, Goldheads and other ornamentals

because in the pan they will turn all crispy brown, for me is more important they have a good shape especially when it comes about fillet. 

I have had contact with a Brazilian farmer but he has no idea how to get it sent and I have my doubts that they survive the trip incl a longer quarantine.

• 2 weeks later...

i think a fishing park from near me in hua hin gets them from ratchaburi fish village, or fish world, or something similar

google it - i have been there and it is much better than JJ market for fish and plants and much cheaper too.  i saw him get about 4 big, 20 - 30 kg plus arapaima's delivered in the back of a pick up, and total was 20 or 30 k i believe

they probably 80 kg now ????

Archived