Need A Notary Public

Scalawag

I need a notary to verify my signature on a will. Went to the Thai Embassy in Singapore but just got a "run around"...no help...If such an authorized person exists here in Thailand, where do you find them? Thanks for the help......

When I needed to get my Sig. notarized on a power of attorney I went to the US embassy and they did it,coarse had to pay the $30 or what ever it costs.

I have to send a form every couple of years for one of my pensions too,but I can have my father in law sign it tho,don't really understand that as he just a Thai,but my union will accept it.

You didn't say what your nationality is.

US Embassies everywhere will certainly notarize documents for US citizens (go to the Citizen Services counter), although the charge is something really nasty these days. I can't remember what it is for sure, but I think it's at least fifty dollars or more. I have no idea about other embassies, but surely there is some equivalent process under most western legal codes.

I'm not aware of any equivalent process under Thai law, however. I've certainly never encountered it. That probably explains the bafflement of the Thai Embassy in Singapore when you asked them for notary services.

A Notary Public in Oz is a solicitor, authorised to notarise Overseas Documents, this involves a signature and a wax seal. I would assume the practice is similar in all countries.

All Embassies and Consulates have Notaries available, but they are not Notaries Public. They are appointed by their Ministries to legalize documents etc for their countrymen, whereas Notaries Public in the British tradition are appointed by virtue of the Ecclesiastical Licences Act of 1533 ( UK )

A Notary Public in Oz is a solicitor, authorised to notarise Overseas Documents, this involves a signature and a wax seal. I would assume the practice is similar in all countries.

In the UK Notary's Public are solicitors appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

The one I used showed me the huge certificate from the Archbishop, confirming his appointment, along side the A5 sized certificate that said he is a solicitor.

US Embassies everywhere will certainly notarize documents for US citizens (go to the Citizen Services counter), although the charge is something really nasty these days. I can't remember what it is for sure, but I think it's at least fifty dollars or more.

Actually I don't think the notary service is limited to US Citizens. I had a Canadian friend get a document notarized at US Embassy for a house sale in the US.

The charge was reduced to $30 from the $50 you mentioned a couple of years ago.

TH