Lots of durian booked online

webfact

Lots of durian booked online

8e6ed9a48472629a65756e2f3d7a289713c07d30.jpg

BANGKOK, 12 April 2019 (NNT) –The Durian season in Thailand has begun. The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives has disclosed that a large volume of durian has been booked online since the beginning of summer. 

According to a survey of the sales of durian in Chanthaburi, Rayong and Trat, most quality durian has been sold to Chinese dealers direct from the plantations at an export price higher than the price of durian supplied to the domestic market. Chinese dealers began buying up durian in the middle of last month.

Meanwhile, the Grade A and Grade B durian are supplied to department stores in the country for 115 to 130 baht per kilogram, the Grade C durian for 90 baht per kilogram, while mixed grades of durian sell for 120 baht per kilogram. Premium durian sells for 135 to 140 baht per kilogram while ungraded durian which is distributed throughout the country sells for 85 baht per kilogram.

Booking of durian on Facebook and Line has increased in volume with quality guaranteed and delivery by Thailand Post and private transport firms, thus raising the price for durian growers above normal market prices. 

The fruit can be of mixed grades and be sold by the pack or by weight, or by the plantation for 150 baht per kilogram.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-12

It’s a delicious treat. I was just saying to my wife the other day there isn’t much durian around this year I bet it’s all been sold to the Chinese 

Shame as it’s a real delicacy for those who don’t mind the whiff. I kind of love it personally. 

• Like 1

Bit of advice to Durian lovers such as myself. It is illegal in Thailand to sell unripe Durian. Keep yer receipt.  ????

Those who are found selling unripe durians may be charged under the country’s trademark laws and face a hefty three-year jail term as well as a fine of up to THB60,000 (US$1,900).

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/durian-crackdown-thailand-jail-farmers-sell-unripe-stinky-fruits/