Has it Started Yet?

Kelsall

9 hours ago, sfokevin said:

My neighbors getting a early start...

Luckily they are not much of a water hazard... :coffee1:

277D37A0-0165-40CC-B74D-551187D70701.jpeg

I've been to that br***el sorry "karaoke" bar.!

Edited by Grusa
Additional info added.
  • Like 1

They were happy until the farangs came and made everything expensive.  farangs drinking beer, doing nothing, really doing nothing, and now they cannot get noodle soup for 3 baht like before.  

bad farang, bad

Out of the frying pan into the fire. Retreated to my GF's village to escape the madness in Chiang Mai. Fireworks in the village started at 3 am. Spending a lot of time calming our dog.

• Haha 1

From the videos & pics that I have seen from today around the moat and around Thapae it looks as though the crowds this year are smaller, more Thai, much younger and missing the high spending tourists. The prediction of a 20% lower income seems likely to be accurate, and business in this city does not need a 2 billion baht reduction in revenue. A friend who runs a very successful bar in the main tourism area says that he is getting absolutely no block bookings from hotels & guest houses. Two months ago he could count on being 80% booked every night. Speaks volumes.

But I also hear from Pattaya that bookings are light and apart from Chinese  group tours it seems that business from Europe & North America is well down. Could we be seeing the end of the rainbow for Thai tourism?

• Like 2