Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Change of subject. Who is willing to run Fantasy this year? What about our newest member?

putting my team together at the moment and will be watching the NAB to see how some of the newbies go

Do you want to run Fantasy 2016?

You asking me or chooks?

if no one else will i guess I'm going to have to....if thats the case the winner from last season can get the job each new year....but,.....but...and chooks might be able to answer this can't we just pick up from where we left off or is it a new registration?

Ho well....i did everything on the page bar find our previous league....guys I've opened up a new league i assume you can just go and join, the new league is called Thailand Mob 2 league, its set to private under classic....any issues joining up let me know.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

More fantasy news, learning as i go along, pm me in private to receive your invite code.

ps spread it around please....and if by some chance someone or the old league is up and running no problems if people want we can be in 2....or more.....and be happy....but please just 1 team per league...and guys we need an even number.

Edited by AlexRRR

More fantasy news, learning as i go along, pm me in private to receive your invite code.

ps spread it around please....and if by some chance someone or the old league is up and running no problems if people want we can be in 2....or more.....and be happy....but please just 1 team per league...and guys we need an even number.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892187-2016-afl-aussie-rulesfantasy-coach/

• Like 1

Change of subject. Who is willing to run Fantasy this year? What about our newest member?

putting my team together at the moment and will be watching the NAB to see how some of the newbies go

Do you want to run Fantasy 2016?

can do just give me an indication of numbers so I can set the league to play each other at least twice.

We should run a new post/thread mr chooks, fantasy football in here is like a leper walking through a coles supermarket, the tipsters pay us no attention.

Anyway I'm in....obviously i have to back it up, your in because you won 19 on the trott, I'm sure GRANT will be in because he just needs to go that one more further, JO will be in because at least he needs to Finnish above me since i will Finnish above him in tipping, WILL will be in because he's a good sport, RON will be in because its something to do in-between keeping his threads alive, Rip will be in so the Swans have a better chance..........anyone else?

PS..whats the rules with fantasy? can we run multiple teams?

Yes 19 straight and fell over in the last week prior to the grand. I think I should have traded a couple of players from teams who weren't going to make the finals as they knew thier season was over and just went through the motions. A lapse in concentration from me but this year all the way and catch me if you can.

We should run a new post/thread mr chooks, fantasy football in here is like a leper walking through a coles supermarket, the tipsters pay us no attention.

Anyway I'm in....obviously i have to back it up, your in because you won 19 on the trott, I'm sure GRANT will be in because he just needs to go that one more further, JO will be in because at least he needs to Finnish above me since i will Finnish above him in tipping, WILL will be in because he's a good sport, RON will be in because its something to do in-between keeping his threads alive, Rip will be in so the Swans have a better chance..........anyone else?

Yes 19 straight and fell over in the last week prior to the grand. I think I should have traded a couple of players from teams who weren't going to make the finals as they knew thier season was over and just went through the motions. A lapse in concentration from me but this year all the way and catch me if you can.

Mr chook unless you have it up i started a new fantasy league....what shall we do?

Mr chook unless you have it up i started a new fantasy league....what shall we do?

if you have created a league then let's run with it.

C'mon lads sort it out... Otherwise we'll be stuck with <deleted> Chimpy running the Asylum...

Someone put up the invite code so we can get cracking....

hahaha as i have said i opened a new one yesterday, chooks hasn't said he's reopens the old one so looks mine is in, if chooks one is open we can all go there or run 2 comps if people want....im easy...

so far jo has pm'ed me for the code, i asked for this so we know who's coming in but if you guys prefer that i just advertise the code to the world ....i will post it in here.....

until further notice pm me to get the details...and we need to take a vote on previous GF winner starts new comp of the following season....or we delegate it to some señor person like WILL or JO...lol

Edited by AlexRRR

Friendly fire at Demons training as Gawn reaches new heights

MELBOURNE'S Jack Viney and Tom McDonald engaged in a push and shove and an exchange of words in a spirited training session at Gosch's Paddock on Tuesday.

The session, which included an hour of match simulation, ran at a high intensity and the players were charged up throughout, emphasised by the incident between Viney and McDonald.

McDonald took umbrage at Viney's dumping tackle during an earlier drill and the pair had to be separated after things became heated.

The session continued without further incident but it showed the eagerness of the players to get into the season proper.

Ruckman Max Gawn looks well placed to build on his breakout 2015 campaign, continuing his fine pre-season with a standout display in the match simulation.

The 24-year-old was a constant presence during the hour-long scratch match, with his ability to get from contest to contest particularly noteworthy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-09/max-gawn-goes-to-another-level-in-melbourne-match-simulation

Friendly fire at Demons training as Gawn reaches new heights

MELBOURNE'S Jack Viney and Tom McDonald engaged in a push and shove and an exchange of words in a spirited training session at Gosch's Paddock on Tuesday.

The session, which included an hour of match simulation, ran at a high intensity and the players were charged up throughout, emphasised by the incident between Viney and McDonald.

McDonald took umbrage at Viney's dumping tackle during an earlier drill and the pair had to be separated after things became heated.

The session continued without further incident but it showed the eagerness of the players to get into the season proper.

Ruckman Max Gawn looks well placed to build on his breakout 2015 campaign, continuing his fine pre-season with a standout display in the match simulation.

The 24-year-old was a constant presence during the hour-long scratch match, with his ability to get from contest to contest particularly noteworthy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-09/max-gawn-goes-to-another-level-in-melbourne-match-simulation

Bullocks of course.......and Maxie Gwan at 500,00 plus in fantasy is pure fantasy, worth more than jacobs and a few others who's been around awhile...who sets the $ on guys?

I tried sending sending a to each person here but good old TV makes me wait a couple hours between hmmmm so strange

FANTASY FOOTBALL for 2016 Thailand Mob 2 League entry code is 32kklwvj

I've just completed my team.thumbsup.gif

Fast work jo, me too today, but of course lot of re jigging before actually start.....i wanted to put the Dees Max Gwan in, in fact i had then deleted him, 500,000 is to much for someone so inexperienced...(Franklin was about 40,000 cheaper), but Gwan he will be on the ground every game unless injured because we have no one else, expectation is the kid will be fast tracked, shows lots of promise....but not 500 big ones worth.

• Like 1

Fremantle forward Michael Walters says Harley Bennell's attitude has been ideal despite being stuck in the rehab group for the past six weeks.

Bennell has been training away from the main group since Christmas as he continues to try and overcome a calf problem. He had a history of calf issues at Gold Coast and coach Ross Lyon said last week that the Fremantle Dockers were trying to build some foundations to ensure that he becomes an eight-to-10-year player at Fremantle.

Walters said Bennell's attitude had been exemplary throughout the summer.

"Harley is a pretty likeable guy, he fits in pretty well," Walters said.

"For the first couple of weeks of pre-season he was training hard and he looked good.

"He still looks good now but he had a bit of calf setback but he's doing everything he can to make sure he's right for round one.

"But he's working hard in the rehab group and you can't fault his attitude since he's been at the club."

Walters and Michael Johnson were amongst the first two Fremantle players that Bennell spoke to before requesting a trade to the Freo Dockers from the Suns last year.

Walters said he and Johnson shared their personal stories with Bennell in a bid to help him get his football career back on track as well as help him understand the Freo Dockers' culture.

"Without going into too much, I spoke to him about when I went back to Swans (Swan Districts) and Johnno spoke to him about his past," Walters said.

Lyon sees Bennell as long term player

"It was just good to catch up because we've known Harley for a while now. We knew him before he came to the club and it was good for him to have someone to talk to.

"It was more just a catch-up to have a coffee and see where his mind was at.

"We sort of went through and told him what we want and we expect at Fremantle."

Both Walters and Johnson have become outstanding players for Fremantle under Lyon. Walters has been the club's leading goalkicker in two of the past three seasons while Johnson was named All Australian in 2013.

Lyon has said Walters could captain Fremantle in the future, but the small forward wasn't elected into the leadership group this season.

Walters said he was not concerned by his omission but he was full of praise for Johnson, who was voted back into the leadership group for the first time since 2010.

"(I was) really pleased," Walters said.

"Johnno has been there for me since day one and whether he got in or not he was always going to be a leader for me, not only to the indigenous boys but just to the whole group in general."

Walters was speaking at Ron Jose Oval in Midvale, a ground where he started playing football as an eight-year-old.

He was there to help coach a group of indigenous youngsters as they prepared for the Nicky Winmar Cup, a round-robin carnival for indigenous teenage footballers in WA.

You been staying up late at night bookie.....was super competitive Viney and Macca....donald....my man jack was somewhere else...and you heard it here first....Viney to be knocking on elite midfield status door this season provided of course he can stay relatively injury free.....his dad was a GUN....and the little fella has all the makings of his dad (including good looks) but with that bit of animal that no Demon has had in god knows how long.

To much Queensland sun for you old fella.

• Like 2