Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Truffles waxing lyrical to the Chinese about AFL

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/720461642023243776

There are calls from people like Kevin Sheepy to have all 1st round matches played overseas, then a bye in what be round 2. Round 2 start in the 3rd week. That would mean aussies would have to wait 2 weeks after the season starts to go and see their team play, if they had a home game or maybe wait longer.
  • Like 1

There are calls from people like Kevin Sheepy to have all 1st round matches played overseas, then a bye in what be round 2. Round 2 start in the 3rd week. That would mean aussies would have to wait 2 weeks after the season starts to go and see their team play, if they had a home game or maybe wait longer.

It's called Australian Rules Football !!!

Exhibition matches played overseas is a good idea

The real important home and away season + finals should always be played in Australia.

World wide fans can catch a flight to Australia if they want the true footy experience.

• Like 2

half way through the season the week before the bye

or should it be after the bye? Give teams more time to acclimatize

half way through the season the week before the bye

or should it be after the bye? Give teams more time to acclimatize

Oops

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

AFL in China

Apparently it’s a done deal.

Kochie has committed Port to play a premiership points match in Shanghai.

I wonder if the gleam of gold has affected his rational thought?

Has he checked the weather???

Weather: Summer is long: from June to September. It is very hot and wet. July and August are the hottest two months. The highest temperature in summer can sometimes reach up to 40 °C (104 °F). It rains on 11–14 days/month. Typhoons and sudden heavy rains are common.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460665117.950276.jpg

It did it again this morning, it automatically swapped my pick to tigers from WCE so now it's on the record, i am picking the Eagles ...<deleted>*** afl website

Did the same to me.

Thanks for sounding the warning.

Had me as picking the Tigers for 0 margin and Port to beat GWS.

I guess it defaults to the visiting team when it has a glitch.

Eternal vigilance seems to be the normal requirement these days.

Good luck with your Fantasy team this weekend,

At 12/14 you can't really go much lower so it should be all up from here. smile.png

• Like 2

McVeigh is back for Sydney. UNtested game wise...I would have preferred to see Zak Jones left in the team 'AFL 2016: Sydney Swans pick Jarrad McVeigh to take on Adelaide Crows'

Unbeaten Sydney have named arguably their strongest team of the year after handing captain Jarrad McVeigh an automatic pass into the team for the trip to Adelaide.

Competition for places in the Swans 22 is heating up as the club's best players make their way back from injury.

In a sign of Sydney's growing depth, the Swans left out youngsters Zak Jones and George Hewett, who can consider themselves extremely unlucky not to be facing the Crows. Dean Towers is also back, after a week in the twos.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-sydney-swans-pick-jarrad-mcveigh-to-take-on-adelaide-crows-20160414-go6o4o.html#ixzz45rWWwXWo

Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

McVeigh is back for Sydney. UNtested game wise...I would have preferred to see Zak Jones left in the team 'AFL 2016: Sydney Swans pick Jarrad McVeigh to take on Adelaide Crows'

Unbeaten Sydney have named arguably their strongest team of the year after handing captain Jarrad McVeigh an automatic pass into the team for the trip to Adelaide.

Competition for places in the Swans 22 is heating up as the club's best players make their way back from injury.

In a sign of Sydney's growing depth, the Swans left out youngsters Zak Jones and George Hewett, who can consider themselves extremely unlucky not to be facing the Crows. Dean Towers is also back, after a week in the twos.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-sydney-swans-pick-jarrad-mcveigh-to-take-on-adelaide-crows-20160414-go6o4o.html#ixzz45rWWwXWo

Now nobodys gonna pic the Crows,,, lock.gif

• Like 1

AFL in China

Apparently it’s a done deal.

Kochie has committed Port to play a premiership points match in Shanghai.

I wonder if the gleam of gold has affected his rational thought?

Has he checked the weather???

Weather: Summer is long: from June to September. It is very hot and wet. July and August are the hottest two months. The highest temperature in summer can sometimes reach up to 40 °C (104 °F). It rains on 11–14 days/month. Typhoons and sudden heavy rains are common.

That would be a great trip actually; footy, a bit of sight seeing, I've never been past Hong Kong/Macau in Eastern China, a bit of shopping to keep sweet with the mrs....

I'll watch for the date... hey Khun Will... how about it if they're playing the Eagles? rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

tough game to pick

tough game to pick

I'm thinking that the Swans are going to be a fairly safe pick all season, no matter who or where they are playing.

Haha! Even in Shanghai... But that's next season. I wonder why the AFL is keeping the other team (which will be the home team) secret? My guess it will be a team that is deep in the red to the AFL with it's finances. Sort of a forced deployment. Anyway, it's going to be interesting.

Sydney currently $6.50 to win the flag. I think it is pretty good odds.

• Like 2

tough game to pick

I'm thinking that the Swans are going to be a fairly safe pick all season, no matter who or where they are playing.

Haha! Even in Shanghai... But that's next season. I wonder why the AFL is keeping the other team (which will be the home team) secret? My guess it will be a team that is deep in the red to the AFL with it's finances. Sort of a forced deployment. Anyway, it's going to be interesting.

Sydney currently $6.50 to win the flag. I think it is pretty good odds.

They have impressed so far...Adelaide is their biggest test this season thus far. A test of our defence and some young fellas. Eddie Betts will be dangerous..Lynch is back...Adelaide have a heap of options.

Luckily we have a diamond plated midfield (including Luke Parker, future Brownlow winner) which should give us the advantage

Will the young guys get exposed? Sydney had 11 players under 50 games for the first couple of rounds. Heeney, Mills, (couple of future Bronlow winners there)Papley,Hewitt all impressing...But they are young and a first season is tough

It will be the back end of the season that is crucial. I am not sure Sydney has the depth of players to step up as other players get injured..and our defence... If we get two key defenders injured we are in strife.

The Sinclair trade with West Coast has worked really well so far...Tippet is rucking like a top 5 ruckman and we have two goal scoring rucks now... No real backup ruck though.

Our Inside 50s are off the chart this season, and not all Buddy/Tippet centric. Our midfield and goal kicking options are our strength

• Like 2

Has anyone, besides Alexrrr, picked Richmond to win tonight?

Oh NO! Is chimpy swapping the tips around again, or, are you exercising your commissioners prerogative?

I have seen the proof that AlexRRR (Post #4807) has tipped the Eagles to prevail over the Tigers by 18 points, that is unless there is a nervous pre bounce down change. Has been known to happen. Still not sure myself and I’m a Weagle. WCE by 19.

• Like 2

Oh NO! Is chimpy swapping the tips around again, or, are you exercising your commissioners prerogative?

I have seen the proof that AlexRRR (Post #4807) has tipped the Eagles to prevail over the Tigers by 18 points, that is unless there is a nervous pre bounce down change. Has been known to happen. Still not sure myself and I’m a Weagle. WCE by 19.

Alexrr is not sure what he is doing...the pressure of the tipping has gotten to him early this year

• Like 1

attachicon.gifInside.JPG

Ross Lyon Begins Fielding Offers For Next Club

Following an underwhelming start to the season from his under-fire outfit, Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has begun quietly sounding out rival clubs in hope of finding himself a new home.

The Dockers are 0-3 to start the season and it remains to be seen whether they can salvage something from the year, but if all goes to plan for the master coach he won’t be around to find out.

“I’m thinking a little stint up on the sunny Gold Coast could be nice for me right now,” he told his closest confidant. “They’re a team on the rise, but they score way too much. I reckon I can go up there, rein in the attacking mentality a little and turn them into a perfectly dull, successful side.”

Lyon has also confirmed that he won’t be going anywhere unless trusty defender Zac Dawson is part of a package deal.

Rumour is that Zac Dawson is going to re-sign with St Kilda.

They have signed Josh Bruce for 4 years and Zac is key for their defence

attachicon.gifInside.JPG

Following an underwhelming start to the season from his under-fire outfit, Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has begun quietly sounding out rival clubs in hope of finding himself a new home.

The Dockers are 0-3 to start the season and it remains to be seen whether they can salvage something from the year, but if all goes to plan for the master coach he won’t be around to find out.

“I’m thinking a little stint up on the sunny Gold Coast could be nice for me right now,” he told his closest confidant. “They’re a team on the rise, but they score way too much. I reckon I can go up there, rein in the attacking mentality a little and turn them into a perfectly dull, successful side.”

Lyon has also confirmed that he won’t be going anywhere unless trusty defender Zac Dawson is part of a package deal.

You never know the chook might get his favoured coach back.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifInside.JPG

The Dockers are 0-3 to start the season and it remains to be seen whether they can salvage something from the year, but if all goes to plan for the master coach he wont be around to find out.

Im thinking a little stint up on the sunny Gold Coast could be nice for me right now, he told his closest confidant. Theyre a team on the rise, but they score way too much. I reckon I can go up there, rein in the attacking mentality a little and turn them into a perfectly dull, successful side.

Lyon has also confirmed that he wont be going anywhere unless trusty defender Zac Dawson is part of a package deal.

pigs arse,Zac the hack won't get to within 500 km of St Kilda, I will personally make sure of that.
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifInside.JPG

The Dockers are 0-3 to start the season and it remains to be seen whether they can salvage something from the year, but if all goes to plan for the master coach he wont be around to find out.

Im thinking a little stint up on the sunny Gold Coast could be nice for me right now, he told his closest confidant. Theyre a team on the rise, but they score way too much. I reckon I can go up there, rein in the attacking mentality a little and turn them into a perfectly dull, successful side.

Lyon has also confirmed that he wont be going anywhere unless trusty defender Zac Dawson is part of a package deal.

Ross and Zac have always been sleeping together
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifInside.JPG

Ross and Zac have always been sleeping together

Haha!! It's going to be an all in slumber party Sunday afternoon at Docklands.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460665117.950276.jpg

It did it again this morning, it automatically swapped my pick to tigers from WCE so now it's on the record, i am picking the Eagles ...<deleted>*** afl website

Did the same to me.

Thanks for sounding the warning.

Had me as picking the Tigers for 0 margin and Port to beat GWS.

I guess it defaults to the visiting team when it has a glitch.

Eternal vigilance seems to be the normal requirement these days.

Good luck with your Fantasy team this weekend,

At 12/14 you can't really go much lower so it should be all up from here. smile.png

Don't you worry about me in fantasy fella, you forgot I won it last year and after a horrible start Last year as well, just have to make the finals that's it.....remember CHOOKS won 19 straight to loose the prelim......gonna happen to you too son.

• Like 1

No chance of a change kid.....though around round 6 or 7 I will get back on the Tigers bandwagon, notoriously slow starters are Hardwicks men.

• Like 1

No chance of a change kid.....though around round 6 or 7 I will get back on the Tigers bandwagon, notoriously slow starters are Hardwicks men.
I reckon u are right. ... should be about round 6 or 7 Richmond get their next win Edited by BookMan