Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

St Kilda was Robbed!!!

the double play on for the 15 metre kicks coming out of defense. .. turnover led directly to Hawks goal... game right there.

terrible umpiring

I think the saints have proven thus far this year that they shouldn't be taken lightly. Played some top teams and taken it right to them.
u tipped them?

St Kilda was Robbed!!!

the double play on for the 15 metre kicks coming out of defense. .. turnover led directly to Hawks goal... game right there.

terrible umpiring

I think the saints have proven thus far this year that they shouldn't be taken lightly. Played some top teams and taken it right to them.
u tipped them?
no

St Kilda was Robbed!!!

terrible umpiring

u tipped them?
no
gee mate... i hope some supporters still maintain the faith

You know what it is for god sake you live in niddrie, home of soccer.....

By the way the Eagles don't win in the fashion stakes, Gold Coast was the worst jumper until the Eagles rocked up with this vomit.....

What a thing to say about the,,,

Eagles 30 year history jumper.

First outside Victoria team to play in the AFL

Three (that's 3) premierships.

224 players that have given their all and run their guts out.

Thats a lot of sweat, blood, endeavor and yes,, possibly vomit.

I think that the worst "fashion statement" jumper I have ever seen was that shiny gay superhero like strip that Hawthorn players were required to wear last year. I think they were supposed to wear it three times but I can only remember seeing it once.

Now, that was pretty close to vomit..

< West Coast Eagles 30th Year Guernsey

The West Coast Eagles will complete a step back in time to honour its traditions as part of the club’s 30-year celebrations.

While the club will return to the traditional navy ‘wings’ guernsey for home games this year, another popular number will also be revealed.

Borrowing from the inaugural jumper worn during the West Coast Eagles’ first few seasons, and again in 2004 as part of the AFL Heritage Round, the 30th Year Anniversary guernsey is gold with royal blue wings.

Featuring the traditional Eagles logo in the centre, with the current logo as a watermark (player issue only), this limited edition commemorative jumper represents a blending of the old and new.

The club’s newly-developed 30th year logo is also prominently displayed in the left blue wing.

All 224 players who have taken the field for the club are listed, from John Annear as part of the inaugural team which defeated Richmond on March, 29, 1987, to Tom Barrass who made his debut for the West Coast Eagles on July 26, 2015.

We will wear this Guernsey for our dedicated 30th Year Anniversary round (round 4 versus Richmond on Friday, April 15, 2016), and also during our round 12 clash against Adelaide. >

>

Mate that is not anything like the Eagles first jumper, it was blue with yellow wings, this jumper is puke yellow with clipped blue wings, it's the god dam worst example of anything that resembles a football jumper, takes number 1 off the Suns....I've seen better dressed naf naf's in Broadmeadows, chooks would know about that area since he's a copper .....

http://www.bomberblitz.com/mero/westcoasthome.htm

Thanks RON I stand corrected by 50 % the colours are right but the wings are not, and that makes a big difference, you can see why that jumper lasted just ONE year.....

• Like 1

Righto Righto.....this seasons fantasy isn't leaving me breathless due to the AFL filling up our league with fillers, so guys a thought occurred to me for next season....that we each put up a second team, I'd rather that than play faceless people, right now I think I would put in Hero Hawks, since they rescued me back in the dark days of the 80's when I use to go eagerly every week...you got 11 months to think about it....

• Like 1

Well its official. The umpire got it wrong with those two "not 15 metres calls in the saints/Hawks game which resulted in a hawks goal in the last 1/4. Anyway done and dusted now. Upside the saints play the bottom 7 teams twice and those games are still to come. 15 games still to play at Etihad And if they can keep up their intensity and run they should pass the 6 wins achieved last year.

• Like 1

Adelaide v Sydney

Cracker of a game.. Even contest all round..Pressure from the get go..

Even though Sydney lost, they wont be too disappointed. They kicked over 100 in a loss...and it was Adelaide's home game

Sydney was unable to use it midfield advantage, esp. around the clearances. It was a close thing, but it didn't happen. No doubt the late withdrawal of Callum Sinclair upset the plans a little... He would have been an asset up forward also. Tippet might have been a little put off by the crowd booing.

Sydney's backline held relatively strong, but showed a few cracks. I still think it was a mistake leaving Zak Jones out of the side.

Positives

Buddy had a ripper game...4 goals again...He has had 4 goals in each of his 4 games

Heeney (future Brownow winner) .. anotehr ripper game... he can mark, kick goal, land on his feet, read the play...

Rampe... he is becoming the key defence player

Hanneberry - 38 disposas

Callum Mills (future Brwonlow winner) made several poor kicking decisions, one which led to a goal..but he also took some good marks and made some other decent decisions... Hard to knock a guy who has played 4 games...he is a serious talent

Negatives

Mcveigh had little impact and a week in the reserves might ... he had a decent tackle count but looked like he needed a pre game run

Mcglynn..not much impact..2 goals..but out of position several other times

Papey had zero impact...having started the year so well, he went missing this crucial game....maybe the pressure and pace just got to him

The bl**dy umpiring of 15 metre kick ins from a behind... That call cost Sydney a goal

Nice review BookMan.

A lot to look forward to for both sides.

Cannot see either of them losing many at home.

Seems as if the 15 metre kick, especially from kick in's has been clamped down on this round.

• Like 2

Thanks RON I stand corrected by 50 % the colours are right but the wings are not, and that makes a big difference, you can see why that jumper lasted just ONE year.....

Eagles jumper,,

I recall there was many a derogatory remark about the early Eagles jumper along the lines of,

“Are they Eagles? In that pus yellow top they look more like canaries”.

I think the jumper was universally disliked.

Similar to the old statement heard at every BBQ whenever the subject of the Dockers (shockers) form came up,

“How are the Dockers ever going to get up with an anchor on their chest dragging them down”

Seems all have moved onward and upward from there.

I hope Freo run into good form this afternoon against the Roos, But, I’m not tipping them.

• Like 1

Adelaide v Sydney

Cracker of a game.. Even contest all round..Pressure from the get go..

Even though Sydney lost, they wont be too disappointed. They kicked over 100 in a loss...and it was Adelaide's home game

Sydney was unable to use it midfield advantage, esp. around the clearances. It was a close thing, but it didn't happen. No doubt the late withdrawal of Callum Sinclair upset the plans a little... He would have been an asset up forward also. Tippet might have been a little put off by the crowd booing.

Sydney's backline held relatively strong, but showed a few cracks. I still think it was a mistake leaving Zak Jones out of the side.

Positives

Buddy had a ripper game...4 goals again...He has had 4 goals in each of his 4 games

Heeney (future Brownow winner) .. anotehr ripper game... he can mark, kick goal, land on his feet, read the play...

Rampe... he is becoming the key defence player

Hanneberry - 38 disposas

Callum Mills (future Brwonlow winner) made several poor kicking decisions, one which led to a goal..but he also took some good marks and made some other decent decisions... Hard to knock a guy who has played 4 games...he is a serious talent

Negatives

Mcveigh had little impact and a week in the reserves might ... he had a decent tackle count but looked like he needed a pre game run

Mcglynn..not much impact..2 goals..but out of position several other times

Papey had zero impact...having started the year so well, he went missing this crucial game....maybe the pressure and pace just got to him

The bl**dy umpiring of 15 metre kick ins from a behind... That call cost Sydney a goal

Nice review BookMan.

A lot to look forward to for both sides.

Cannot see either of them losing many at home.

Seems as if the 15 metre kick, especially from kick in's has been clamped down on this round.

Yes, nice review, if you're only interested in one side.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

Joboss I agree the Dockers team song sounds like it could only be played at a funeral they need a total change I think stop before Ng wanders with anchors and change the theme song. I remember as a younger man the Dockers were renowned for not putting in a full day's work, I think that has carried with the team name. Change to fremantle

The Dockers are on their second team song already?

That first one was awful

• Like 1

Yes I know but the second one does not do much for me either

Freo plays AC/DC’s “TNT” at their games.

Maybe a more appropriate supporters song would be “Highway to Hell”

Interesting lyrics, last two lines are;

“Yea, and I’m going down

All the way down”

• Like 1

Freo plays AC/DC’s “TNT” at their games.

Maybe a more appropriate supporters song would be “Highway to Hell”

Interesting lyrics, last two lines are;

“Yea, and I’m going down

All the way down”

They should adopt the Stones "start me up"

Green Bay Packers use it in there home games....when your watching....does get you up....and going....

• Like 1

This one by Eskimo Joe was knocked back by a vote of members which decided on the present one.It would have been my choice if given a vote.

Thanks Ron19.

Thats a great song.

Got me up and marching around the lounge room. guitar.gif

• Like 1

This one by Eskimo Joe was knocked back by a vote of members which decided on the present one.It would have been my choice if given a vote.

Thanks Ron19.

Thats a great song.

Got me up and marching around the lounge room. guitar.gif

We will have to see it Transam can come up with something.