Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Well I am doing really well this round, so far zero, if I tried to pick the losers O would have scored 4, maybe I should change my strategy, anyone care to comment??

watching this current game... i hope u have picked Port

Well I am doing really well this round, so far zero, if I tried to pick the losers O would have scored 4, maybe I should change my strategy, anyone care to comment??

Gee

Big trouble if Richmond lose this one.

They have the Hawks next Friday night.

Gee

so far they look even worse than i imagined they could

sadly i tipped them..

only half time but they should be 50 behind

Richmond v Port. both woeful. both missing key players. both lacking depth. both using 2014 game plans...

difficult to choose the better of the two duds

What an awful game to watch. Richmond supporters are reaching for the Prozac across Victoria tonight

It is hard to believe Richmond could have been worse than they have been...but they were. I'd like to say Port Adelaide were sparkling and had turned the corner...but I fear not

No way Richmond is making the final 8 this year...they stink

(plus they cost me a tip gigglem.gif )

• Like 1

Well Alex as you said, "The Saints are just an average team" The Demons got taken to the cleaners by an average team and got a bloody good wedgie. Definately puts Melbourne well below average. What's that 13 straight defeats by the average team.

• Like 1

Gee wizz! Fantasy???

Got to remember to add a scraper to the tool bag because I may need it when I hit the bottom of the barrel.

Best to be prepared......

"GHF" = Glass Half Full..." Looks only up from here.

• Like 1

Gee

Had another look at the fixtures.

Richmond have Sydney after Hawthorn.

Oh dearfacepalm.gif

Edited by Will27

I don't agree with Connolly that the GF venue should be decided 12 months in advance due to ladder position.

Just whoever finished higher on the ladder should get the home ground advantage.

It does raise an interesting point. Would Hawthorn have won in 2014 and 2015 when they finished below

Syd and WC? We'll never know of course but I reckon the Eagles would've won in Perth.

Former Fremantle Dockers coach Chris Connolly wants Perth to host Grand​ Final

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/former-fremantle-dockers-coach-chris-connolly-wants-perth-to-host-grand-final-20160430-goiukb.html

Edited by Will27

Well Alex as you said, "The Saints are just an average team" The Demons got taken to the cleaners by an average team and got a bloody good wedgie. Definately puts Melbourne well below average. What's that 13 straight defeats by the average team.

Yep we got done not only by an average team going nowhere fast we got wiped by a top up team too, BUT we have 12 premierships to your 1 and you lost to Collingwood in a GF we beat them 6 to 1....you can enjoy your weekend now constable.

Its now official....Tigers are shit, I'm off there bandwagon, Port continue to be an enigma and the tipsters nightmare team, The Dee's well thats what young teams do....loose to average teams then run the top ones to the siren....

Warning warning Will Robinson ( i use to love watching Lost in Space) the interstate teams are looking awesome home ground is worth 50% says a lot about us Vics and ground sharing....except for the cats.

• Like 2

Half time in FANTASY.

Delightful Dee's 1049 vs Leonine Times 1113, premiers against cellar dwellers even thought behind might just get over the line here Leon has a few down injured and the Dees have 4 key mids to score this afternoon so expecting to move to 2-4 and the teams above will begin to start shaking .....

Jack Flash 813 vs Heenz 465, Heenz should get over the line in this bulk of his players playing today.

Farmerjo's Flyers 1239 vs GrannysApples 1385, Grant should have the edge over Jo in this tight game who is still winless, last years runner up is looking awesome this season.

Chook's Chiangmai Saints 857 vs Rips Swans 730, neck and neck here, if Essendon have a good game it goes to Chooks if the Blues have a good game it will go to Rip....

Joboss Dominators 806 vs The Traders 1449, the dominators are not, there getting a good old fashioned canning and say good bye to September action fella.

TC Chargers 1308 vs Beam me up Scottie 1023, Scott picked himself here and made himself captain so he better have a good game, 300 to peg back and it won't be easy but i think he can.

Rory's Red Hot Go 1500 vs Nic Nat Goes whack 911.....yes call 911 nic won't be able to peg Rory back.

Well excuse me....Leon is not a cellar dweller, 2-4 close to last seasons stats already, though Delightful should pull this off and move to 10th but with Chooks expected win will be 8 pts out of the 8, Jo will stay on the bottom raffeling that position with joboss, more interest in the bottom 6 fellas as thats were most of us are.....

Only Grant can hold his head up.....sitting pretty at 3rd and if the Chargers go down to Scott will move to second, Chooks not looking as bullet proof as last year but still respectable if wins today 4-2.

• Like 1

rain in Brisbane

smith out for the swans

inexperienced backline

could Brisbane pull off an upset?

One can only hopetongue.png
Brisbane started well

.. sydney asleep

but a bit better near the end of the quarter. Buddy 3 goals and hewitt 3 goals (4th game).

Could be 12 goals a piece for them. by games end[emoji2]

rain in Brisbane

smith out for the swans

inexperienced backline

Brisbane started well

.. sydney asleep

but a bit better near the end of the quarter. Buddy 3 goals and hewitt 3 goals (4th game).

Sydney under a lot of pressure. .. up by only 8 points coming into the final term...

too many turnovers from Sydney. ..Sydney mids need to stand up this Q

rain in Brisbane

smith out for the swans

inexperienced backline

Brisbane started well

.. sydney asleep

Sydney under a lot of pressure. .. up by only 8 points coming into the final term...

too many turnovers from Sydney. ..Sydney mids need to stand up this Q

Sydney lucky to get away with a win there. ..

i jumped.up from the sofa and put my shoulder out with 3 minutes to go when Calllum sinclair tripped over his own feet and missed the gimmee mark and goal...

phew... lucky break for Sydney

We just got back from a couple of days in Chaing Mai. I saw the last 3 minutes of the game. I was in shock when I saw they were on 3 points up. A win is a win thank goodness.

Did a hawthorn, free kick swans
  • Like 1

post-186435-14620984532107_thumb.jpgpost-186435-14620984879809_thumb.jpgpost-186435-14620985090615_thumb.jpgpost-186435-14620985300379_thumb.jpg

Grant hung on to pip Famerjo, I managed to get over Leon, Chooks was demolished by Rip in the second half, BigBossJo staged a comeback in the second half but not good enough son.

Scott must have had an average day in the west but who cares and young Nick staged a comeback ho but not good enough.

Grant stays 3rd, Chooks falls out of the 8 all the way to 11th.....my my how the brave have fallen...trouble in that camp, the fans wanted the head of the coach after the game.

Well blow me down, the Premiers....thats me now out of the 8 on percentage along with Rip and Chooks hmm i must have been seeing things, Leon on 1 win not 2 and good old Fjo on 0....

5th 6th 7th and 8 all up for grabs if your good enough.....lot of back room shuffles going on in Delightful land, the coach said even though we won today heads are gonna roll....we got a lot of ground to make up end quote.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

The Tipping results for week 6 are in!

Ripstanley was the lone winner with 8/9. Sensational effort! Chooks and myself followed with 7/9

Ripstanley is now the new sole leader of the Tipping Comp on 41 points!

Although..I seem to remember Rip was in a similar position last year and the pressure got to him?

In other news... AlexRR has fallen two points behind me

The highest I got last year was 3rd. Then I crashed.

• Like 1

Ripstanley was the lone winner with 8/9. Sensational effort! Chooks and myself followed with 7/9

Although..I seem to remember Rip was in a similar position last year and the pressure got to him?

Congrats Ripstanley on winning the round and being outright leader.

Eight this week is a great effort.

Thanks Will

Next week is an all new ball game where anything can happen.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

There is a lot to think about when you are out front in the Tipping

Which game went against you this week RIP?

Port Adelaide

Port Adelaide

not many could have predicted Richmond would be so diabolically poor
  • Like 1

We all have a blond moment young fella, round 6 was mine...a couple of basic errors ........but...... remember the OX, I'm in a far better position now than i was last year and were only in the first quarter, having said that I'm 2 in front of Fjo and killing him in fantasy too.....

You you cocky kid will stumble and thats when your foot firmly gets stuck in your mouth.

if u are struggling mate and want my tips for next week send me a PM

• Like 2