Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

No matter what they do with rules of AFL it will always be a thrill to watch for me.  I'd prefer to leave it as it is.  I don't like the advantage rule completely or the many reasons for a 50, but it's like a lady playing with her hair and make up. Never will be perfect. 

Looking forward to Tigers beat Pies by a point tomorrow. Sell out crowd. should be a rippa.

• Like 2

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/neeld-i-should-have-given-older-players-more-time-to-prove-themselves-20180727-p4ztye.html

The muck and fallout comes to light a number of years later....Well Neeld was an idiot for sure letting best and fairest Moloney who actually was forced out by Neeld as well as letting Captain Green retire and allowing Rivers to go to the Cats, but it really was under Bailey it all came unstuck, Big Jim has to shoulder the blame as well for allowing it to happen under his presidency, ive written about it here before within 2 or 3 seasons the team was wiped out a team that had been playing finals was wiped out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stud858 said:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-is-the-dominant-australian-sport-but-can-it-stay-on-top-20180723-p4zt2r.html

Long article.  Lot of junk really.  Enjoy the Games today chaps. 

And remember if ABC Australia plays up try www..vipbox.fi

Or BT sport on usual Android streaming apps.

Mate if its to long for you dont read it and dont bother making a comment on something you dont have much of an idea on....not junk ......i god dam lived it its my club i know exactly what went on for 8 years, 

7 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Mate if its to long for you dont read it and dont bother making a comment on something you dont have much of an idea on....not junk ......i god dam lived it its my club i know exactly what went on for 8 years, 

I think you're talking about a different article there mate.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-record-sold-to-crocmedia-for-8m-20180726-p4ztog.html

Well there it is in BACK AND WHITE...the footy record is crock...yes Crock media has bought the footy record for 8 million big ones, legendary fairy floss magazine to feed the masses of junkies while waiting for the game to start...bad timing crock fans just need to jump on there smartphone now to get the players numbers...

Full of dribble as a young fan we would devour it from page to page in 15 min....ahh i do recall buying a few and saving them until they began to take up to much space....

I got all worked up reading that Neeld article... that time under Bailey then Neeld still RUB's me up the wrong way, and to think a Brownlow medallist almost killed the club and to think Sheedy and Willams were a big wrap for Bailey and Malthouse adored Neeld.....OMG.....breath deeply one two three...big breath....ooooooommmmmm...

Im expecting the Demons to hammer the Crows in Adelaide tonight, there should be enough venom in the tank after last weeks highway robbery ............wont even be close...........not one little bit................and i was thinking of picking the Dons is good last night, Swans are on struggle street there use by date is up, still may make the final 8 there swansong was a few years ago now.....

Good time for the Tigers to take a hit as it would send them back to the shed to sharpen the claws for the finals...also would guarantee an extra 100,000 finals tickets to be sold since the Pie army think its there year...Ho Chooks should be busy selling beer today your better off working than wasting your time watching it on AFL live....

Radar's Blues to snare one today?....just when you least expect it...Fj the quite guru of TV will get toasted by wild WILL's eagles...Dockers due and a lifeline to Ross since the Hawks dont travel well...Watts and co gees Eureka Stadium now its called...i cant keep up with them changes i still call it Docklands....finals to close for the Power to slip up today .....and i hope the Pussys get done today dont want them in the finals this year....

• Like 1

Don't know if you saw the Higgins throw kick right on the goal line in tigers game.  Some were saying throwing the ball penalty,  if he threw the ball to his own hands or anther player or even the ground it would be throwing the ball but the ball was thrown to his boot which is classed as a kick.  I don't think there is a rule about how the ball must be dropped onto the boot while kicking.  It can be a throwing action too. Right?  Like you see young kids learning to play do.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

After the game, so did I.

P.S. Welcome to the footy forum Mr Stud, good to see a new contributor.   You will learn to tolerate Alex's twaddle.

Thanks,  Happy to join the LGBTQAR community.

54 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Back in LOS,have been to spoilt with my fibre internet at home.

Laos internet was about as good as Paddy McCartin.

Well it's d day for my Kangas,lose this one and the season has past.

Well done to Radar's boys,can celebrate like a GF win,long time between drinks.

Here's to upsetting Alex and Will today.? 

You'll be upsetting me FJ, not sure about Alex.

Shuey and Kennedy huge outs for us today?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Don't know if you saw the Higgins throw kick right on the goal line in tigers game.  Some were saying throwing the ball penalty,  if he threw the ball to his own hands or anther player or even the ground it would be throwing the ball but the ball was thrown to his boot which is classed as a kick.  I don't think there is a rule about how the ball must be dropped onto the boot while kicking.  It can be a throwing action too. Right?  Like you see young kids learning to play do.  

Would've been disappointing had the goal been disallowed OMO.

We need more highlights like that.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:04 AM, Radar501 said:

After the game, so did I.

P.S. Welcome to the footy forum Mr Stud, good to see a new contributor.   You will learn to tolerate Alex's twaddle.

Glad to see you were the only one to select them.

Well done Radar.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 11:56 PM, AlexRRR said:

Wild WILL didnt pick the Dee's tonight shame on you, there was no umpire on earth would get in our way tonight though at the 14.33 min mark of the 3rd a disgraceful free that wasn't.....lucky we ran all over then that quarter...

And the Blues pulled one off.....

Blues probably threw away their priority pick with that one, could of had 1st and 2nd in the draft.