Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Same for FJ.

Essendon vs North Melbourne (MS) Fox 4:35pm

Essendon has been in the news this week, with former star and Bomber Thompson helpfully teaching us all that you can have 33 grams of methamphetamine and 481 MDA pills in your house and not get convicted of trafficking. 

I’d assumed it was lower than this, so the good news is we can all stock up.

Both these teams are hoping to make the eight, after mid-year resurrections and a loss here would certainly end those dreams for North and probably would for the Bombers.

A win here and Rhyce Shaw would have to be seriously considered for the full-time role. 

The most North thing would be for Shaw to go to St Kilda because North was trying to land Longmire and wouldn’t commit to him, only for Longmire to sign with Sydney and North to then get someone nobody wants, like Brad Scott.

The AFL’s crackdown on punching is as weak as ever, with Ben Cunnington, fined again for striking, not suspended. That means he has paid $15,500 in fines this season, fined four times for striking and once for making careless contact with an umpire. Remember, the AFL are serious about stamping out punching by funding their Christmas party.

Normally I wouldn’t want to see Essendon make the finals, but it would be amusing to see them get in just to watch all the Bombers fans who hate Worsfold trying to deal with a cavalcade of mixed emotions.

Yet, I think the Roos will win this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

While i'm shattered the Roos lost with 20 seconds to go,i was a happy loser if there can be one.

Could not of been prouder of Ben Brown and the boys since our record against the Bombers had not been great in recent history.

You can barrack for the team that comes second if they try till the end,it makes a difference.????

Not sure how others saw it but it looked like a cracker game to me.

Was a belter of a game FJ.

Think in the last 2 minutes your boys lost composure and just kept dump kicking out of defence

where Essendon had set up.

Reckon Norf are the most physical side in the comp.

Would've liked the tip though:smile:

Now if the Kiwi's can do the right thing tonight, the weekend won't have 

been a complete disaster.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

Same for FJ.

Essendon vs North Melbourne (MS) Fox 4:35pm

Essendon has been in the news this week, with former star and Bomber Thompson helpfully teaching us all that you can have 33 grams of methamphetamine and 481 MDA pills in your house and not get convicted of trafficking. 

I’d assumed it was lower than this, so the good news is we can all stock up.

Both these teams are hoping to make the eight, after mid-year resurrections and a loss here would certainly end those dreams for North and probably would for the Bombers.

A win here and Rhyce Shaw would have to be seriously considered for the full-time role. 

The most North thing would be for Shaw to go to St Kilda because North was trying to land Longmire and wouldn’t commit to him, only for Longmire to sign with Sydney and North to then get someone nobody wants, like Brad Scott.

The AFL’s crackdown on punching is as weak as ever, with Ben Cunnington, fined again for striking, not suspended. That means he has paid $15,500 in fines this season, fined four times for striking and once for making careless contact with an umpire. Remember, the AFL are serious about stamping out punching by funding their Christmas party.

Normally I wouldn’t want to see Essendon make the finals, but it would be amusing to see them get in just to watch all the Bombers fans who hate Worsfold trying to deal with a cavalcade of mixed emotions.

Yet, I think the Roos will win this.

Yes and I recall the reason we Dee's hate Bombers and there supporters....but since the drug scandal I never understood I have softened my stanch on them....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes and I recall the reason we Dee's hate Bombers and there supporters....but since the drug scandal I never understood I have softened my stanch on them....

Don't be shy Alex:smile:

What's the reason?

11 hours ago, ripstanley said:

The Swans late season form has unfortunately come too late for them this year, . 

What form. They have lost their last 2 games

Rip, what's your take on Sydney resigning Horse?

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Don't be shy Alex:smile:

What's the reason?

Ive mentioned it here a few times.......goes back to when we and the Saints were the wiping boys of the VFL late 70's and particular the 80's....you just don't listen to me sir.......

I still have fond memories when the Blues knocked off the Bombers in the 1999 prelim......one loss for the year took it to two...ho dear and we met them in the 2000 GF....oh well om my....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Rip, what's your take on Sydney resigning Horse?

I can give you my taken of it WILL........he won't be coaching  in 10 ys time, should have taken the money and moved to the Shinboners....its called preservation......Ross Lyon knows all about it.....

Some scathing comments from a Swan and ex TV member particular last season though has quietened some what this year...claims Horse dont make many moves, is late to make adjustments....well holy me...sounds like Goodwin...actually Goodwin dont make any adjustments we can notice on game day.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wendyfromoz said:

Beat me to it.  Will be big news for the rest of the day.  Had to come after 6 years and nothing to show.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wendyfromoz said:

Beat me to it.  Will be big news for the rest of the day.  Had to come after 6 years and nothing to show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

Yep, he's had a pretty good year considering.

It was his body of work over 6 years that did him.

15 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Who would you like as a replacement Chooks?

Anybody in mind?

• Like 1