Cambodia Immigration Siem Reap

I travelled last week to Siem Reap with a tourist visa obtained online.No problems at all except I couldn't help noticing the extraordinary charmlessness and boorishness of the immigration officials at the desks - no eye contact, eating snacks, chatting leisurely to colleagues, exuding boredom and lack of interest, tortoise-like slowness etc. I wondered whether I had struck unlucky but a similar performance seemed to be going on at the desk next to me.

Is this unusual? Anyway, it's the last time I whinge about Thai immigration officials who are paragons of charm compared with their Cambodian counterparts.

Edited by jayboy
  • Haha 2

I am trying to imagine myself as an immigration official doing the same job day in day out, year upon year and how I might appear..? Kinda difficult to maintain that 'welcome' image. Says it all though about Thai officers and IMO, they have always been exemplary.

IOs are the frontline of their nation and their demeanor speaks volumes.......

With an e-visa you either flew in or crossed at Koh Kong or Poipet (unless you crossed from Laos or Vietnam).

Those two border crossings are a nightmare and I have found the Thai immigration to as equally user-friendly.

Also, they can't screw you over for 1,500 Baht, and they don't see the cash, when you travel on an e-visa. Brilliant system - but not for Cambodian immigration officers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1