Multiple UK tourist visas

Hoping to get some clarity on the rules...

Specifically if my tilac had a 6 month tourist visa expiring June 30 but her actual visit ended Jan 30...

When can/should she apply for a new visa? Possible to apply to come again in July or does she have to wait until December I.e from end of the visa. Read about at rule of not spending more than 6 months in the UK although as they don't have exit stamps how can that be enforced...

Thanks!

Whilst she cannot spend more than six months at a time in the UK on a standard visit visa, there is no such rule limiting stays to no more than six months in a twelve month period, so in theory she could apply for another visit visa on the expiry, or even before the expiry, of her previous visa.
Whilst there are no hard and fast rules regarding back to back visas, Entry Clearance Officers are required to satisfy themselves that applicants aren’t spending too much time in the UK, or even living there on a permanent or semi permanent basis by these back to back visas.
Visitors are no longer stamped out by Border Force Officers, but details of flights are collated by carriers and forwarded to the UKBA.
Border Force Officers will in all likelihood look closely at those possessing back to back visas, though it’s perfectly legal.
Keep in mind that visit visas are for visits, extended visits will ring alarm bells.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Presumably her current visit started on December 30th and she has used it for a single month?

Back in 2015 my wife, then girlfriend, spent 14 weeks here in the UK and her visa was due to expire on the 12th December. She applied for another in late October to run from the 1st December so she could come to the UK for an extended Christmas break and to meet my extended family and had no difficulty getting it. Her visas overlapped by 12 days.

If your GF only 'used' a month of her existing visa, why not apply for another? No reason why not. Shame she can't come here for June. She already has a visa...

What did she use as her reason to return to Thailand on the first visa? It could potentially have a bearing on another visa application.

1 hour ago, rasg said:

Presumably her current visit started on December 30th and she has used it for a single month?

Back in 2015 my wife, then girlfriend, spent 14 weeks here in the UK and her visa was due to expire on the 12th December. She applied for another in late October to run from the 1st December so she could come to the UK for an extended Christmas break and to meet my extended family and had no difficulty getting it. Her visas overlapped by 12 days.

If your GF only 'used' a month of her existing visa, why not apply for another? No reason why not. Shame she can't come here for June. She already has a visa...

What did she use as her reason to return to Thailand on the first visa? It could potentially have a bearing on another visa application.

Could only manage one month of winter ????

Thanks for the info though

24 minutes ago, Elad said:

Are UK visit visas still multiple entry?

If so she could come back for another month before it expires.

True but that doesn't work for various work related reasons...i was hoping for another visa and july/August which seems fine(assuming visa people play along) per the above info

5 hours ago, Elad said:

If so she could come back for another month before it expires.

I did suggest that in an earlier post.

5 hours ago, Elad said:

Are UK visit visas still multiple entry?

I think they are all multi entry now although there might be exceptions.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

... details of flights are collated by carriers and forwarded to the UKBA. ...

Do they do the same if the traveler leaves the country by ferry or train?

Edited by post

Just now, post said:

Do they do the same if the traveler leave the country by ferry or train?

Exactly.  Some exceptions - I have a UK passport so I enter the UK on my UK passport; my Thai visa/extensions are not in my UK passport so I check-in for Thailand using that passport. Then there are those going to Ireland under the provisions of the Common Travel Area.  I'm not sure what happens with Eurostar, nor for those who are passengers in a private car using a Channel ferry