visa info

jamden

I have decided to have a family holiday from CM and drive to savannaket for a few days and also get a visa.

I will be going about 4 weeks before my current visa based on retirement is due for renewal.

Now, is it best to lose my current visa at Laos or get re-entry before I go? and then apply for a marriage visa at the consulate as seems they do not ask for bank funds.

I am not sure if they will give me a retirement visa with no funds as they do with marriage visa is why I will change.

Thanks again for any help and advice.

You do not want a re-entry if getting a new visa = have no knowledge on taking car into Laos but perhaps you will leave at border crossing and then take bus.  Marriage visa will require you have original of marriage certificate as well as copy and wife home register/id copies.  You can obtain multi entry - next working day afternoon service and cost 5k.  You are right not available for retirement without financials.  

Lopburi3, Have been planing a Multi entry from savannaket based on marriage as a last resort, but have a re-entry permit in my passport that will not probably be used. If I go savannaket for Multi entry based on marriage are you saying cant have a un used entry stamp in passport? Will be registered before end of May and will be first based on retired to married.

Thanks

He does not have a re-entry so no reason to get.  Do not believe it will be an issue for obtaining visa at Consulate - but you would want to make sure they used visa on return - but am no authority as have not had a visa for several decades.

1 hour ago, Danthai said:

Lopburi3, Have been planing a Multi entry from savannaket based on marriage as a last resort, but have a re-entry permit in my passport that will not probably be used. If I go savannaket for Multi entry based on marriage are you saying cant have a un used entry stamp in passport? Will be registered before end of May and will be first based on retired to married.

Thanks

I had a similar question recently, and not yet sure of the right answer as the responses weren't clear to me. I have a multiple re-entry permit and a similar situation as you. I want go to Savannakhet and apply early (two months before my extension expires) and am wondering if it would be best or even possible to visit immigration first to cancel the re-entry permit so that the extension to stay automatically lapses upon my exit?

I want to change the visa a few months early before the expiration because of my timing of international travel and the existing extension date does not comport with that.

Ubonjoe has answered that question just a few minutes ago in another thread - should not be issue with Consulate and if visa entry provides more stay immigration should use that for entry (but make sure).

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Ubonjoe has answered that question just a few minutes ago in another thread - should not be issue with Consulate and if visa entry provides more stay immigration should use that for entry (but make sure).

Yes, thanks for responding and I am aware of UJ's response. My issue is that I DO NOT want to use the re-entry permit, but want to start the tolling on the new Visa because of the annual timing of extensions from then on.

So, again, my issue is how to Avoid the re-entry permit being used when I re-enter Thailand, and instead have the new visa start it's 12 month period.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

You write in the information for visa rather than the re-entry permit on the TM6 card and double check that it is used.

Ok, great. I think that would work, because yes, I normally use the info from the re-entry number on the TM6 card, so what you say should work and direct them to use that one.

Archived