Day Three: Songkran road deaths show a dramatic drop

webfact

These "lower" stats are just random numbers plucked out a monkeys bottom.
Can these stats be verified ? 

I doubt the stats can be verified by anyone on TVF. Nor can the claims that the stats are false be verified by TVF members. So one can choose whether or not to believe that efforts by authorities are making a small difference. A silly argument where either belief can not be proven.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Since the numbers are minimized by counting nay those dead at the scene, it does not take much to delay pronouncing death until the bodies have been taken away. 

Unfrtunately no no figures I have seen including all those who die on the way to, or at hospital later and so the numbers are meaningless. You can’t trust anyone or antything in Thailand anyway.

On 4/16/2019 at 6:18 AM, Sealbash said:

I doubt the stats can be verified by anyone on TVF. 

I doubt the stats can be verified by anyone. Or anything. So many layers of Thai massages before they arrive upon our eyes.

I doubt the stats can be verified by anyone. Or anything. So many layers of Thai massages before they arrive upon our eyes.

You may be right. However, a blanket dismissal of data supplied to the authorities is incorrect unless one has identical data and has interpreted it differently. The common theme on TVF is to disparage Thais and anything that the Thai government may publish, from road safety statistics to tourist arrivals. Unless someone has any information proving the authorities are incorrect, why is the default that they are wrong?

On 4/15/2019 at 12:40 AM, mikebell said:

This is the lull before the storm. The travelling has stopped. The death rate will soar when the return journeys begin.

The dead cases are decreasing as the hangover rate increases, most must be laying in 'sour' in their beds after so many days of drinking and the worst drunk driving artists must have wiped themselves out by now.. 

A couple of life saving Machines will be switched off the next week that will add to the numbers. 

19 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

why is the default that they are wrong?

Probably because TVF crowd has had to deal with Thais in real life and knows of their preference to bend the truth whenever they feels like it. Handle with extreme prejudice, guilty until proven innocent and even then forever on probation. A clear case of somnamnaa.

Probably because TVF crowd has had to deal with Thais in real life and knows of their preference to bend the truth whenever they feels like it. Handle with extreme prejudice, guilty until proven innocent and even then forever on probation. A clear case of somnamnaa.

You are right. Fortunately, the TVF crowd does not represent the majority of expats living in Thailand.