Air Tickets BKK to UK

silentnine

Hi Guys .

can't see a section dedicated to this question .. so as it related to the Mrs and her migration to UK posting here.

fingers crossed the Mrs has her passport with visa tomorrow . immigration lawyer in UK we used on her application says he things its a 95% yes ., as he says they email him the refusal letter if denied with 14 days appeal option. and he's only had the notification of postage.. 

so next step is looking for her flight ... 

looking at BKK-BHX, BKK-LON, BKK-MAN ... oh my god there so expensive at the moment !! 

is skyscanner/kayak the best place to look or do the thai travel agents have good deals ?

looked at 1 way and return as sometimes return is cheaper than 1 way but anything with a reasonable stopover is £1000+ .

found a nice one for next tueday for £252 but 60 hours travel time haha ... thing the mrs would kill me if i got that !

In my opinion, it is always better to book directly with the airline. Use comparison sites to weed out the best fares and times, then go direct so any problems can also be sorted out directly.

I just did BKK - LHR with Emirates via DXB for Bht 24000, with a 3 day stopover in DXB on the way back.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Thanks 1

I booked BKK-DXB-LHR / LGW-DXB-BKK for my Wife and Son (5yrs) for B24,130 & B19,075 for July with Emirates (30kgs baggage allowance).

Emriates have some good promotions from time to time, especially in the Summer. 

They get quite expensive come Christmas (about 120k for 3 of us BKK-DXB-LHR return).

I’ve found no hard and fast rule with who is cheaper, it seems to chop and change. 

I regularly check the sits like Kayak and Skyscanner and also check the Airlines pages directly and have signed up for price alerts with the airlines. 

Then its a balance of choosing the most suitable for the price... i.e. not flying Jet Aiways because they are the cheapest, but figuring OK - Emirates may be more, but the stop over is good (overnight at Dubai Airport hotel) and the flight is not too much more than other indirect flights. 

• Like 1

Has your Mrs been to the UK before?

I use Finair as it's one stop from BKK via Helsinki to Manchester. Normally pay around £350 for a single trip ticket. Plus Helsinki Airport is fairly small and easy to navigate to get to the next gate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1