Nonimmi O-a Good For****multiple Journeys

I have, for the last two years, received my O-A where the line Good for__________ has mulitple journeys. I will enter the Kingdom a few days before my visa expires and will get 1 year of entry........It also has a Fee Paid and Employment Prohibited stamp added to the bottom of the page. I don't know if O-A's issued in Thailand have this but I get mine reissued outside Thailand so it works for me! In 2003 and 2004 I had to get a renetry permit.. was like another 3K Baht. That was for multiple and not just 1 reentry.

What say you all, who actually have an O-A visa that is. I would hate to postulate that some posters whom love to "ring the bell" might chime in but please keep it to those who can actually see a current valid visa stamp in their passports. Just to help out those who are interested. FYI, I know a bloke who mailed his to the LA office and got the same as mine back. I walk in to a local office, do a face to face with the same person for the last 5 years not in hel_l-A, thanbk you!

Edited by maestro
Off-topic picture removed

SoiSong, you are not saying anything new.

And there is no O-A visa issued in Thailand. What one can get in Thailand is an annual extension of stay for the reason of retirement, if one wishes.

--

Maestro

You wrote, "I will enter the Kingdom a few days before my visa expires and will get 1 year of entry." I am not sure what you are really saying here...

Is this different than a non-immigrant "O" visa for those of us married to Thais? When I had one of those with multiple entries, each entry permitted a 90-day stay, and the last entry had to be made before the visa expired. You would have to leave the country and obtain a new visa on the 90th day after the visa expired (or apply for an extension of permission to stay, of course).

Your statement above makes me think you are claiming you can stay for a year following the last entry, but I am not really sure what you meant by "1 year of entry" so perhaps you really mean the same thing I am saying.

You wrote, "I will enter the Kingdom a few days before my visa expires and will get 1 year of entry." I am not sure what you are really saying here...

Is this different than a non-immigrant "O" visa for those of us married to Thais? When I had one of those with multiple entries, each entry permitted a 90-day stay, and the last entry had to be made before the visa expired. You would have to leave the country and obtain a new visa on the 90th day after the visa expired (or apply for an extension of permission to stay, of course).

Your statement above makes me think you are claiming you can stay for a year following the last entry, but I am not really sure what you meant by "1 year of entry" so perhaps you really mean the same thing I am saying.

AU, our OP has a Non-OA (retirement) visa, these allow a stay of 1 year from entry. If the OA is a multiple entry type (IIRC most are) then an entry just before the expiry date will net a further 1 year in LoS. Of course, a trip out of the Kingdom during this second year will require a re-entry permit.

A multi entry non immigrant O-A (retirement) visa that you obtain from a diplomatic post allows a one year permitted to stay stamp on any entry made during the time it is valid. So if you enter a day before the visa expires you will receive a one year permitted to stay from that date.

For those that use the multi entry O visa that allows 90 day stay the principle is the same enter just before it expires and you receive the normal permitted to stay time (in the case of O visa would be 90 days).