Renewal Uk Passport

Thaihog

Has anybody used the services of the British Consulate in CM to process a new passport? If so could you answer the following questions:-

1) How long does it take.

2) How much does it cost for the passport and consulate service.

3) Is it still possible to leave Thailand if passport is in BKK.

Would it be quicker to go to a UK Embassy in Singapore or Malaysia?

Cheers.

you can travel if you have a letter from your embassy .

i lost my passport once when i was rob dry when i stay in khaosan road some 5 years ago .

and i went to my embassy to get a letter which i use for exit and travel ..

but of cos .. there were suspecting if i am really a citizen of their country and ask me many silly question like.

which gang i belong , which part of china i am from whahahah a..

and also if i sell my passport whahah and so on ..

Has anybody used the services of the British Consulate in CM to process a new passport? If so could you answer the following questions:-

1) How long does it take.

2) How much does it cost for the passport and consulate service.

3) Is it still possible to leave Thailand if passport is in BKK.

Would it be quicker to go to a UK Embassy in Singapore or Malaysia?

Cheers.

I did it at Christmas after my passport was stolen. The CM consulate just sends them to BK where the Embassy processes them.

1) It took 3 weeks but that was over Christmas and New Year and I suspect it could be done quicker

2) I think it was about 7000B

3) Possibly but best to try to stay put I suspect.

May be quicker in Singapore but I doubt there would be much in it.

Hope that helps

Although the local consul will happily process it for you, a trip to Bangkok will secure a passport renewal in two working days. Submit you application one day, and collect your passport the next day.

The embassy will only issue and intrim travel warant if your passport is lost or stolen, and you wish to return home. It cannot be used for recreational travel.

The current cost for renewal of a British passport is £91 (payable in the equivalent local currency).

Although the local consul will happily process it for you, a trip to Bangkok will secure a passport renewal in two working days. Submit you application one day, and collect your passport the next day.

The embassy will only issue and intrim travel warant if your passport is lost or stolen, and you wish to return home. It cannot be used for recreational travel.

The current cost for renewal of a British passport is £91 (payable in the equivalent local currency).

Be aware there is a strong, but as yet unconfirmed rumour that the price will be going up to something like £350 in the next few months.

Be aware there is a strong, but as yet unconfirmed rumour that the price will be going up to something like £350 in the next few months.

Outrageous!

No doubt to pay for all the bells and whistles in the new biometric passports although criminals, illegal immigrants and others seem to be able to enter the UK at will without any form of documentation and I doubt new super passports will put an end to that.

At least I have got another 10 years by which time we'll all no doubt be implanted with microchips and be scanned on reentry to the UK like a can of beans. :o

Think that the price of passports will go up to around £120 - but considering it was under £30 only about 5 years ago shows the inflation rate in the UK.

Incidentally it is cheaper in the UK as you do not pay a 'consular' fee.