Call Back Center

seiraa

Hello does anyone knows what this means??

I have been trying to call a few friends in Thailand. I am currently in the U.S. I dial the number and it goes into an automated instruction saying, "Welcome to call back center, for English press 2, " so I press 2 and then it says" to leave a number press 1 , to leav a new number press 2"???? Thats it...so what does that mean and what is a call back center....

Is the cell number non-exisiting or is it just turned off??

TIT i'm afraid, the networks seem to go crazy these days. the other day i was trying to call a friend, locally, and was told that the number doesnt exist. same on second attempt. third attempt i got a message saying "call not allowed". fourth attempt i got "network error". to top it all off in style i got this message on fifth attempt: "you have requested to have all calls barred from this number".

boy was i surprised when he called me back a few minutes later! and he got no missed call notifications at all. ppl from overseas tell me that they have a hard time getting through to me as well.

as far as i know call back center would guide u to a voice mail box or leave a missed call notification on ur phone.

the whole system seems to be in a state of disarray.

Hello does anyone knows what this means??

I have been trying to call a few friends in Thailand. I am currently in the U.S. I dial the number and it goes into an automated instruction saying, "Welcome to call back center, for English press 2, " so I press 2 and then it says" to leave a number press 1 , to leav a new number press 2"???? Thats it...so what does that mean and what is a call back center....

Is the cell number non-exisiting or is it just turned off??

This is just one operators' implementation of a call screening/missed call notification. I honestly can't remember which one but am thinking it is AIS/1-2-Call. The phone may turned off, outside of service, busy or the call rejected, or the user has implemented call screening, so you get forwarded to the"call back center". If you press 1 then your phone number will be pesented to called party in the form of an SMS, if you press 2 then you can enter a different telephone number for the called party to see.

It might be best to just send an SMS, like "Can I call you now?", wait for the reply then call. I assume you are using the correct dialing string: 011 66 8N NNN-NNNN, so no leading zero. If you were in Thailand you would dial 08N NNN-NNNN.

Edited by lomatopo