UK tourist visa sponsor .

Is there a monetary criteria on a UK sponsor for a tourist visa for a Thai applicant   I.E. income and / or savings ? I have looked at the UK Visa guidance/ info pages and cannot find anything .   I know there is a 18k plus pounds qualifying income for a UK resident to enable their non UK spouse to reside in the UK .

No, there is no set amount.
If you’re providing financial support to an applicant for a Standard Visit Visa, you have to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you have sufficient funds available also that it’s reasonable for you to do so.
It all depends what the applicant intends to do during their visit, hotels of private accommodation for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

No, there is no set amount.
If you’re providing financial support to an applicant for a Standard Visit Visa, you have to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you have sufficient funds available also that it’s reasonable for you to do so.
It all depends what the applicant intends to do during their visit, hotels of private accommodation for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The main concern of the ECO is does the applicant have sufficient funds to support themselves whilst visiting the uk as a tourist
These funds can either be their own or their sponsors and evidence needs to be supplied by the applicant or the sponsor that they can do this, there is no need to “pad” the applicants bank account prior to the application.
The second concern of the ECO is will the applicant return to their home country (Thailand in this case) after their holiday so they need to show that they will return and there a lots of examples you can provide
This can be proof of house ownership, dependant children and also a letter from their employer stating they will return to work after their holiday
I speak from experience as we are now in the process of applying for the fourth tourist visa for my gf and so far all the previous applications have all gone without a hitch and expect this latest one to be the same
Apologies for the long winded reply but I just wanted to help or advise any way I can

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Celer et Audax said:

The main concern of the ECO is does the applicant have sufficient funds to support themselves whilst visiting the uk as a tourist
These funds can either be their own or their sponsors and evidence needs to be supplied by the applicant or the sponsor that they can do this, there is no need to “pad” the applicants bank account prior to the application.
The second concern of the ECO is will the applicant return to their home country (Thailand in this case) after their holiday so they need to show that they will return and there a lots of examples you can provide
This can be proof of house ownership, dependant children and also a letter from their employer stating they will return to work after their holiday
I speak from experience as we are now in the process of applying for the fourth tourist visa for my gf and so far all the previous applications have all gone without a hitch and expect this latest one to be the same
Apologies for the long winded reply but I just wanted to help or advise any way I can

Much of which is what I'd already said.

A couple of points though, by all means mention dependant children but they probably wouldn't sway the ECO as a reason to return, numerous Thai ladies leave their children with grand parents and go to the promised land to seek their fortune.

Likewise, of course mention employment, however no employer can confirm that a person will return, nobody can, what they can say is that the person has been in employment for a certain length of time and they have been given a certain length of holiday and that their job is open to them on their return. If the employers letter is written in English and a member of the UKVI staff call to clarify, which they often do, they will expect the author to communicate in English.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Celer et Audax said:

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

To you & Theoldgit , thanks for your time to reply & your help . 

I have talked to Theoldgit in the past about the refused application for my ladies UK tourist visa . The fact that she owns her own 4 bedroom house & licensed business restaurant , long standing bank account and supports her mother plus my sponsorship , the answer was "we do not believe she will return to Thailand ".  There was no logical explanation for the refusal & I contacted the UK Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration , John Vine , who took the time to reply to me twice . His advice was to reapply and could see no reason for refusal . Unfortunately there was no point as the reason for the UK visit was passed .   

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/john-vine-what-s-gone-wrong-with-immigration-by-a-man-who-should-know-9647820.html

The link above is an insight into the UK immigration system and its failures . Interesting read .

We will apply again shortly with basically the same info as little has changed . Will keep you informed of the outcome . Thanks again for your input .

• Like 1

Does the sponsor letter for a 6 month visitor visa have to be original or is a scanned copy ok ?
All supporting evidenced is scanned and uploaded by the applicant, or the staff at the Visa Application Centre, and forwarded to Delhi, so I imagine there would be no problem with scanned copy.