Thai Post Office

Krub

An ordinary air mail letter posted in Uttaradit (450km north of Bangkok) on Friday 2 March afternoon was on my desk in Tokyo on Monday 5 March.

All that for 26 bant !

I had the same experience Thailand-Japan when sending products to Japan.

Too bad half the parcels coming from overseas to the Thai end seem to go missing. :o

Funny ha ha?

I've been mailing stuff back to Thailand, and never once have the packages gone missing.

Lucky you mate, I have lost a lot of incoming parcels. If it looks like something somebody can sell then why deliver it? That seems to be my local post office motto...my postcode is 20110...

No problems in my village mail from UK usually takes 5/6 days to be at my door: My potie even takes mial into post for me as well for a small gratuity

The wife was even cheeky and gave him our TOT bill to pay, 2 Days later when he brought mail he bought the Receipt from TOT as well Good lad

Too bad half the parcels coming from overseas to the Thai end seem to go missing. :o

I used to have the same problem when I arrived here in 1999. 90% went missing, even books. Nowadays in the past 3 years I have a 100% arrival rate. I get send 2 kg packages from the Netherlands about 3 or 4 times a year with some stuff I miss from there. And it always arrives within a week, Sometimes even 4 days!

Postal services have really improved a lot since I arrived here in 1999.

Waerth

I'de like to disagree with other posters.

The postal service (receiving in thailand) is absolutely riddelled with thieves. It sux.

In the last 6 years I have had my mail broken into an more than twenty occasions. this mail is of the package variety, with gifts & necessaties from overseas.

In all cases the original packaging was broken, items removed, and re-wrapped in thai post plastic bag, with the excuse "package broken in transit" written on the new cover.

I have lost everything from Samboy Chips through to a gold plated mercedes keychain, to a Pukoh knife, to a lovely picture frame, to numerous sales samples.

The postal service in thailand is "D" Grade. I would never recommend to anyone to use the thai postal service. (EMS withstanding, but isnt that the same as using DHL pricewise).

Once off - co-incedance - twenty odd times - a big scam.

Peed Off,

Soundman.

Thailand to UK I lost a lot. But Thailand USA not loosing anything. Austria UK not loosing anything.

So I still don't understand that...

Why “seem”? If it has happened to you, then state it as a fact and name the post office in question. If it has not happened to you, then say so, too. Do not make unfounded libellous allegations. I shall keep an eye out for your confirmation.

--

Maestro

posted a parcel to my home in england 1 january from po at the airport the girl said it would take 4-6 weeks as it going by surface,which was ok as it was nothing important and it was the cheapest option.well it finally arrived 1 march a full 2 month.i had actually given up all hope of it arriving.better late than never

Why “seem”? If it has happened to you, then state it as a fact and name the post office in question. If it has not happened to you, then say so, too. Do not make unfounded libellous allegations. I shall keep an eye out for your confirmation.

--

Maestro

Yes it has happened to me and other farangs in the Apartment building where I have stayed long term. Area Pattaya Klang, Pattaya. The reason why I said "seem" is because nobody from the postman to the apartment manager will say stolen, only missing.

Knock on wood, but I have had nothing but good service in using the Thai postal system since 1980. This last year I have sent a lot of items to customers overseas. Three of those customers reported that they did not receive their items. In each case the package arrived back here, stamped undeliverable by the receiving postal authorities.

Experience may of course vary according to location, and it could be that someone in the neighborhood or apartment is stealing items sometimes.

Not many post offices can deliver mail addressed in any of three languages. Heck, many can't even manage one...

The postal service in thailand is "D" Grade. I would never recommend to anyone to use the thai postal service. (EMS withstanding, but isnt that the same as using DHL pricewise).

Once off - co-incedance - twenty odd times - a big scam.

EMS is 100% the same post office, the service grade is slightly different with registered numbers being provided but no internet tracking. Sent an EMS package on 2nd March, Fedex would not take due to contents restrictions, EMS took it happily. Another separate parcel went with Fedex the same day with approved contents, all business related. Both arrive Melbourne head office same day........ EMS before the Fedex package and 25% the cost......

I have had 5 years of exceptional service from Thai Post, congrats Posties, super impressed. If you have problems, I suggest you have local issues in your individual post office. Guess it takes only one bad egg that likes to search every parcel for greenbacks or whatever currency, as, unfortunety, that's Thais nature

send money through packages.