I need direction to the font of information

LittleLew

Almost certainly this topic has been discussed before and simple pointer to where I can read would be helpful.

(I've been a subscriber and reader here for years.)

I currently live in Manhattan (NYC) and have been thinking that, when my lease runs out, I might be a long term tourist and traveler.

I've been to LOS many times over the last 20 years and it seems like the most convenient SEAsian country for Westerners.

I like the quiet a lot and would like a balance between activity and country living so I was thinking of coming to the LOS on a tourist visa, setting up camp in Chiang Mai, then going somewhere else for a few weeks when my visa expired and returning when I got tired of traveling.

Repeat until I die.

I am not encumbered with much of anything (computers, cameras, clothes) and would plan on returning to the US to see family 1x/year.

Finances are not a particular issue so but it sort of goes against my grain to spend 12-15000 for an elite visa when I don't know my future.

Any directions to previous discussions or direct advice would be extremely welcome.

TIA

Little Lew

If you are over 50,  just get an O-A Visa from the Thai Embassy in D.C. before you come that way you can come and go as you please (and it's good for a total of almost two years on it with a trip out of the country and back just before the "enter by" date).

It's easy and you can just mail your application and passport to them as I did.  

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

Edited by MeePeeMai

Since you live in NYC and say you plan to return to the US

12 hours ago, LittleLew said:

plan on returning to the US to see family 1x/year

then I would suggest a 0-A from the New York Consulate.  You can get overnight service once you have your documents in order and since it is multiple entry you would be free to travel once you get here.  My experience is the NY Congen is the easiest place in the US to get an O-A visa since they have a Thai national processing visa's.  Washington for instance, has farmed it out to a US national employee.  Chicago and LA require notarization of the supporting documents, not required by NY or WA