Transgender Community Organisation

Ave

I'm looking for a transgender community organisation where I can send international volunteers to help. I've been searching the net but I have not found one contact in Pattaya. If anyone has any relevant information or advice to give me I would be very grateful if they could send it to me. thanx a lot

SISTERS, which is located on Soi Yen Sabai, is a center for the transgender population. That is, they serve the “ladyboy” or katoey community. Their mission is to change the behaviors of the transgenders who are at risk for HIV and other STIs by providing information together with a “social marketing strategy.” Their main services include a drop-in center and outreach activities. SISTERS provides on site medical services, one to one counseling and skills development, as well as club activities such as make-up, sports and cooking. One of their goals is to foster public support and greater acceptance of the transgender community in Pattaya. Currently, SISTERS has about 180 members. In addition, SISTERS’ counselors conduct outreach activities to transgender people with behavior changing messages tailored to individuals as well as group activities where transgender people live and work. Referrals can be made to transgender-friendly providers of medical, career and counseling services. Workers from SISTERS make regular visits to ladyboy bars where they talk to staff and have various demonstrations and activities.

SISTERS’ email address is [email protected] . Their telephone number is 038-423382.

---from a Pattaya newpaper

Thanks a lot for sending me so much useful information!

quote name='Rainwalker' date='2007-03-07 10:21:03' post='1182275']

SISTERS, which is located on Soi Yen Sabai, is a center for the transgender population. That is, they serve the "ladyboy" or katoey community. Their mission is to change the behaviors of the transgenders who are at risk for HIV and other STIs by providing information together with a "social marketing strategy." Their main services include a drop-in center and outreach activities. SISTERS provides on site medical services, one to one counseling and skills development, as well as club activities such as make-up, sports and cooking. One of their goals is to foster public support and greater acceptance of the transgender community in Pattaya. Currently, SISTERS has about 180 members. In addition, SISTERS' counselors conduct outreach activities to transgender people with behavior changing messages tailored to individuals as well as group activities where transgender people live and work. Referrals can be made to transgender-friendly providers of medical, career and counseling services. Workers from SISTERS make regular visits to ladyboy bars where they talk to staff and have various demonstrations and activities.

SISTERS' email address is [email protected] . Their telephone number is 038-423382.

---from a Pattaya newpaper