Take Your Small Bike With You In The Train In Thailand

MaaTini

I live in Pattaya - and seeing the hotter Months comming, I intend to look for a "cooler" Place in the North of Thailand! Now - I got informed, that I can take my small Motorbike ( 120 ccm Joker ) into the same Train to Chiang Mai - but how can I get "economically" my "Joker" from Pattaya to the Main Trainstation in BKK - avoiding all these Traffic driving myself + Girlfriend + Baggage?

I live in Pattaya - and seeing the hotter Months comming, I intend to look for a "cooler" Place in the North of Thailand! Now - I got informed, that I can take my small Motorbike ( 120 ccm Joker ) into the same Train to Chiang Mai - but how can I get "economically" my "Joker" from Pattaya to the Main Trainstation in BKK - avoiding all these Traffic driving myself + Girlfriend + Baggage?

How about the train? :o

Post it to chiang mai. Serious! Go to your local post office & mail it all the way to chiang mai. You can send motorbikes by post in Thailand! Check out these pics below of a Joker being mailed from Cnx. TIT.

<pic removed>

Edited by Totster
Picture removed due to privacy issues

Any idea on COST of posting? By rail it will be about Baht 800, roughly the same as a person going by 2nd class sleeper.

Percy2 is correct in that Pattaya has a railway station with infrequent services to Bkk. Trains may not have a baggage wagon.

Any idea on COST of posting? By rail it will be about Baht 800, roughly the same as a person going by 2nd class sleeper.

Percy2 is correct in that Pattaya has a railway station with infrequent services to Bkk. Trains may not have a baggage wagon.

There is 1 train a day from Pattaya to BKK . It will connect with the night train. There has always been a baggage car, if not they can put the bike in the passageway

Train 284 leaves Pattaya station at about 2:20 every afternoon and arrives at Hualompong at about 6:20 in the evening. It probably costs about 50 baht per person + some extra for the bike. I've never seen a motorcycle on the train, but I expect they could manage.

It would be a very good idea to take your girlfriend to the train station with you. Very few Farang's use that line & I don't think any of the station officials will speak much English!

Post it to chiang mai. Serious! Go to your local post office & mail it all the way to chiang mai. You can send motorbikes by post in Thailand! Check out these pics below of a Joker being mailed from Cnx. TIT.

<pic removed>

Which method would be cheaper, post or train? Probably both use the train for carriage, where available. Did you notice the cost of posting that Tiger bike you photographed? Thanks.