Phuket Cooperative Housing Development

I've learned the hard way that having good neighbors is even more important in Thailand than it is in the US. You can't change your neighbors and certain kinds of neighbors *will* drive you crazy as there are no real noise ordinances or zoning regulations to protect your privacy and sanity. I've built three houses and purchased a lot of property in Thailand and I *know* I can do better working with people with complimentary skills and strengths. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Instead of reinventing the wheel, I'd like to put my energy into some shared infrastructure--both legal and physical. I'm pretty confident that a condominium development could be defined that would safeguard everyone's interests.

Anyway, I'm moving to Phuket in July looking to connect with ecologically and community oriented folks who might want to start something in Phuket or elsewhere. I think building a mix of vacation rentals+owner-occupied homes around shared amenities with tasteful Asian architecture and modern floor-plans would ensure value, high occupancy, and good neighbors.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]. I don't mind approaches from fair real estate agents, but I won't buy anything until I've been there for a while find out if anyone else is interested in sharing.