Thai Driving Licence Renewal

ukbiker

Just a quick question, my 5 year Thai driving license is due for renewal on the 23rd of May how early can I apply to renew it and what documentation is required. Does it need duplicating for both licenses. It's been so long I've forgotten the rules.   

You can apply 90 days before expiry of licence.

Just need old licence that they run through their computer to verify you are in the time you are eligable  to renew.

Then you do the usual "tests" i.e. colour blind, perception, and braking reaction then watch a movie in Thai for about 2 hours.

Then 505 or is it 550baht for new licence.

banK

When I renewed about 2 years ago its was a matter of paying double for two cards instead of one if you have both the car and motorcycle licence, only additional requirement was another fee for the additional card.

Im not sure if things have changed in the previous two years or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, banK said:

You can apply 90 days before expiry of licence.

Just need old licence that they run through their computer to verify you are in the time you are eligable  to renew.

Then you do the usual "tests" i.e. colour blind, perception, and braking reaction then watch a movie in Thai for about 2 hours.

Then 505 or is it 550baht for new licence.

So I don't need proof of residence and medical form for the 5 year renewal.

You can renew your licence early.

However, from reading a few other posts on the subject here, if you leave it a couple of days until after the expiry date (your birthday) you will be given six years, not five.

The LTD will give you five years, then until the next birthday, so by renewing it two days after the date on your licence, you will have 5 years plus 363 days before it expires next time.

My wife is going to do this on Monday (three days after her birthday), so I'll post to let you know.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, bluesofa said:

You can renew your licence early.

However, from reading a few other posts on the subject here, if you leave it a couple of days until after the expiry date (your birthday) you will be given six years, not five.

The LTD will give you five years, then until the next birthday, so by renewing it two days after the date on your licence, you will have 5 years plus 363 days before it expires next time.

My wife is going to do this on Monday (three days after her birthday), so I'll post to let you know.

Further to my post above, my wife renewed her licence today - three days after her birthday and expiry date. She was indeed given six years until the next renewal - 2568 BE.

• Like 1