1 Yr. Internet SIM NO MORE ?????

moonseeker

I still have a few months on my 1 yr. 6 mb AIS package Unlimited Data. Cost me 3500.-- for 12 months.

Was just told by 1175 this package is now cancelled, there is only 1 option 4 mb  WITH a 1 yr. 20 Gig limit.   

Does anybody know of any alternative for unlimited 1 yr. internet Sim?  Thank you so much.   MS>

CAT still do one for 2500B+VAT. I switched my number to them to get it. The process was fairly painless.

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

You can also find True ones on Lazada for under 2000B but the trouble with those is that it involves a second SIM and a second number.

22 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

CAT still do one for 2500B+VAT. I switched my number to them to get it. The process was fairly painless.

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

You can also find True ones on Lazada for under 2000B but the trouble with those is that it involves a second SIM and a second number.

As KK notes, I just purchased 3 sims with pre-paid 4 MBPS for 1 year on Lazada for B1790 each, which works out to B150 per month. They arrived quickly and I went to True with my phone and my daughters' phones and got the SIMS registered and installed. I already had 2 sims, one for phone calls and 1 for data, so I just changed the CAT data sim with the new True sim. The woman at True confirmed the 1 year contract term and the 4 MBPS speed of the service. My daughters both have iPhones, so they now have new numbers as their old numbers with CAT could not be transferred to the new True sims. Everything else works perfectly, including Line and all of the apps on their phones. They are both very pleased with the quality of the service, but as they get older I expect that keeping their present number will become more/very important. A very good deal, I think, if you can accept a change in phone number on the new sim. 

As KK notes, I just purchased 3 sims with pre-paid 4 MBPS for 1 year on Lazada for B1790 each, which works out to B150 per month. They arrived quickly and I went to True with my phone and my daughters' phones and got the SIMS registered and installed. I already had 2 sims, one for phone calls and 1 for data, so I just changed the CAT data sim with the new True sim. The woman at True confirmed the 1 year contract term and the 4 MBPS speed of the service. My daughters both have iPhones, so they now have new numbers as their old numbers with CAT could not be transferred to the new True sims. Everything else works perfectly, including Line and all of the apps on their phones. They are both very pleased with the quality of the service, but as they get older I expect that keeping their present number will become more/very important. A very good deal, I think, if you can accept a change in phone number on the new sim. 

Yup, a good deal indeed, I have the same ( 4 mbps True unlimited valid for 1 year).
Bought mine from Lazada also and registered 1st Jan.
I bought 2 , one for me and gf , paid 2,490 baht ( 1,245 each ). Looks like they have increased in price, but still a good deal.

moonseeker

Its valid till end of this month.

48 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

I checked that and it showed me data limit now 25 Gig. for 6 and 12 mths, same told on 1775. Hope i am wrong... MS>

Different package, for SIM registered after the 1st of Feb; 

909.50 baht per month for 25 GB of data capped at 6 Mbps *777*7364#

For SIMs registered before that date, it's *777*7211#. Though the same price, no data cap.

So just use the old 12 month code if unsure. 

I was previously using a True 4mps package in a wifi dongle but that SIM is due to expire in a week or two. I did have the option of getting another True SIM from Lazada but I found using the dongle to be fairly inconvenient so I decided to switch my number from True to CAT to get the 2500B 4mbs package that CAT still offer, and to have it on my main Thai SIM.

As I already have two SIMs in my phone (one Thai and one UK), I really wanted to get the package onto my Thai SIM directly and so porting the number to CAT was the only way. Obviously losing my old number was not an option.

Interestingly as part of the porting process I had several good offers from the customer retention department of True to get me to stay, but I declined them as having started something I like to finish it.

One notable disadvantage with CAT is that they have very few shops - which also have very limited hours - and there is hardly any English on their website. I am hoping that now that everything is working I will not need to contact them at all for any reason for the next year. I never had to contact True in the last 5 years so that should not be too hard. Apart from that CAT seem fine so far.

An AIS rep. (authorized person) posted this a few days ago on social media (I used Google Translate):

< There are still 1 year/4 Mbps uncapped volume SIMs from TrueMove H on Lazada for 1,790. >

• SIMnet Marathon 4 Mbps, receive usage date for 6 months. 
             - Play internet at speed. 4 Mbps, 20 GB after using the required amount Can be used continuously at speeds of 128 Kbps, 
             - calls on the network of AIS hour of Baht 1.07 per call to other networks per minute 1.07 Baht 
             1,400 baht 

• SIM International Marathon 1 Mbps day for 6 months 
             - play. At the speed of 1 Mbps, the amount of 7.5 GB after the full amount of usage Can be used continuously at a speed of 128 Kbps
             - Free calls to AIS networks 24 hours a day, up to 60 minutes at a time, exceeding 1.07 baht per minute 
             - Calling outside the network for the first minute is 1.07 baht per second, 1.6 satang per second, 
            priced at 600 baht. 

• Simnet Marathon 4 Mbps Receive 12-month usage days. 
             - Play internet at a speed of 4 Mbps in the amount of 20 GB after using the full amount. Can be used continuously at speeds of 128 Kbps, 
             - calls on the network of AIS hour of Baht 1.07 per call to other networks per minute 1.07 Baht   
             2,500 baht 

• SIM International Marathon 1 Mbps day for 12 months 
             - the internet. At the speed of 1 Mbps, the amount of 7.5 GB after the full amount of usage Can be used continuously at a speed of 128 Kbps
             - Free calls to AIS networks 24 hours a day, up to 60 minutes at a time, exceeding 1.07 baht per minute 
             - Calling outside the network for the first minute is 1.07 baht per second, 1.6 satang per second, 
             priced at 1,200 baht, 

42 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

25 Gig data-limit

I've got through about 250GB of data in a month just using the DTAC sim as a hotspot for a PC and also for a SmartTV. No torrents downloaded as DTAC blocks unless you use a VPN. Hope the 'unlimited' continues.

DTAC_Usage.jpg.839e718529afaec16ac5214f4d7be680.jpg

Checked.....Tried to sign up on AIS-E-service.....  25 Gig data-limit, then down to crawling speed. Twice confirmed by 1175. Guess this good deal is gone for the moment.  MS>

signing up to the unlimited deal online how do you know there will be a 25gb limit? and is this limit per month? 

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

Checked.....Tried to sign up on AIS-E-service.....  25 Gig data-limit, then down to crawling speed. Twice confirmed by 1175. Guess this good deal is gone for the moment.  MS>

Port your number to CAT. Takes about a day.

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

I saw a report on Thai social media today from an authorized AIS rep. who mentioned that these truly unlimited volume plans may no longer be available from today, 1 May 2019. No clue if that meant for new subscribers? Or any/all subscribers? Or just for newly issued SIMs.

I saw a report on Thai social media today from an authorized AIS rep. who mentioned that these truly unlimited volume plans may no longer be available from today, 1 May 2019. No clue if that meant for new subscribers? Or any/all subscribers? Or just for newly issued SIMs.

I'm still dubious because the 1175 guys and AIS shops were clueless about the deal all along

On 5/1/2019 at 4:13 AM, scubascuba3 said:

signing up to the unlimited deal online how do you know there will be a 25gb limit? and is this limit per month? 

It states it when you click through. Though only for the long term plans aforementioned.

But what is really criminal is that they have changed the packages behind the USSD codes and also the click through pages. In other words you can click through a package that states that you will obtain no slow down 6 Mbps for 34 baht + VAT and confirm it, but when the confirmation SMS arrives, the package is completely different limited one  and you'll find they have taken 45 baht + VAT instead. Same with the USSD codes. They have simply changed the packages behind the same codes without warning.

1229343066_OperaSnapshot_2019-05-02_140938_m_ais_co_th.png.a8ce24a3710eae1a6fc6dca9aa229b44.png

What a dirty trick. They should be reported to the NBTC.

For now I am dumping AIS.

DTAC still have unlimited no slow down packs.

DTAC still have unlimited no slow down packs.

A quick couple of questions KneeDeep as you seem well clued up in this area.

I heard that Feb 1st this year something changed regarding SIM cards , what was this and how will it affect sims bought after this date. ?

Do True still have unlimited ( no slow down) sims for 1 year available ??

TIA

Andy

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A quick couple of questions KneeDeep as you seem well clued up in this area.

I heard that Feb 1st this year something changed regarding SIM cards , what was this and how will it affect sims bought after this date. ?

Do True still have unlimited ( no slow down) sims for 1 year available ??

TIA

Andy

Truemove H and AIS stopped the no slow down capped speed plans from SIMs registered after the 31st of Jan. AIS still has them for SIMs registered by the 31st of Jan, but they have increased the prices.

It seems I made a mistake in my earlier post. With SIMs registered by the 31st of Jan, you can still get unlimited packs, but they cost more. So the daily 6 Mbps pack is now 45 baht + VAT instead of 34 baht + VAT for instance.

Just use the old codes and you should still be able to avail yourself of them, albeit at a higher price.

For newer SIMs, these plans won't be available to you. Only the limited data, capped speed.

Truemove H I haven't checked yet, but they seem to follow similar paths.

DTAC follows later. For now, those with older DTAC SIMs can still partake of no slow down capped speed plans at the old prices.

Yes you can still buy the 1 year Truemove H SIMs via Lazada for 1800 baht.

MyCAT may also supply no slow down capped speed plans.

On 5/1/2019 at 2:50 AM, moonseeker said:

Thank you all. 1175 clearly states no more unlimited 12 months deals. Now only 25 Gig for the full year. Ridiculous. When I try to sign up, this limit is shown. Will try again now.  THX> all.

No, it is 25GB per month. Though as I stated the old code may still work for unlimited, but who wants to chance nearly 4k baht to find out?

Archived