They think i have a stress disorder

I kid you not folks, when ever i have an empty milk carton or simillar i always crush it flat before i place it in the rubbish bag , also i do the same with ALL plastic bottles egg boxes etc etc, er indoors and ALL her kin never do that, they simply lob the lot out in bags galore rather than minimize the volume, they actualy think i have some sort of stress going on, well i <deleted> well do now !! JEEEEEZZZZUS

I think you mean OCD, well if thats the case so do I ! Because I minimise things for disposal too, its the way I was taught growing up.

Not with plastic bottles though, as they go in a separate container to be sold to the recycle guy at the gate.????

My father in law throws all recyclables out the front door, into the little front area hes got to pile up untill someone gets fed up and takes it all away to be recycled. He then wants the money they get for it. it stinks as well. that stresses everyone out!

2 minutes ago, nikmar said:

My father in law throws all recyclables out the front door, into the little front area hes got to pile up untill someone gets fed up and takes it all away to be recycled. He then wants the money they get for it. it stinks as well. that stresses everyone out!

Piles of rubbish outside the front door then ? From Liverpool ?

OCD is a genuine and debilitating disorder more recently diluted by those who claim to have it or claim others have it when all they have is a little decency and attention to detail. 

People accuse me of having OCD because I like things just so... but the simple fact is I like to put my keys in the same place every day so I can find them the next day !!! (the same for many items). 

The way you have been accused of having a stress disorder is hilarious, there is nothing like making an unstressed person stressed by telling them not to stress !!!!

It used to happen to me when I played golf... Take a put and it ends up 10cm from the cup... DAMN... NO !!!... oh well... that was close...  But no, the Caddy takes it a step further and tells me to "Jai Yen Yen".... Well, I'm perfectly relaxed, just entertained by how close I came.. but no... "Jai Yen Yen"... "I am Jai Yen Yen"... no your not... and there you have it... the perfect way to make a Westerner Not 'Jai Yen Yen' is by telling a perfectly 'Jai Yen' person to "Jai Yen Yen"....

The Op has fallen foul of the same issue... Not stressed at all until he's been repeatedly told not to Stress !!!! all rather humorous !

40 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

I kid you not folks, when ever i have an empty milk carton or simillar i always crush it flat before i place it in the rubbish bag

Yeah, I do it with glass bottles too. Drives the missus mad.

Used to do all of that back in the UK. Even used to climb into the general waste bin and jump up and down to make room for more.

Here in Thailand, I do none of it. Wife's ex husbands family own several recycling depots in Supanburi and she occasionally worked in them so she considers herself a recycling expert. I'm not allowed to touch a plastic bottle...…..also used to work as a chef, no cooking for me...…...also used to work in a hotel as a chaimbermaid, no making beds and cleaning for me...also loves gardening....I've been made redundant!

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Used to do all of that back in the UK. Even used to climb into the general waste bin and jump up and down to make room for more.

Here in Thailand, I do none of it. Wife's ex husbands family own several recycling depots in Supanburi and she occasionally worked in them so she considers herself a recycling expert. I'm not allowed to touch a plastic bottle...…..also used to work as a chef, no cooking for me...…...also used to work in a hotel as a chaimbermaid, no making beds and cleaning for me...also loves gardening....I've been made redundant!

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

2 weeks left ey mate, will i be back... UP TO YOU as they say. 

I do the same as the op , crush the plastic bottles and put them in a big bag round the back for the recycling guy. Also glass bottles are stored for recycling.

Bought a big flip top bin and black bin bags so now the waste ( usually lotus or Big C bags from the kitchen bin ) are tied up and put in the bigger bin outside.
Waste removal comes early Sat and Tues, I tie up the black bag and put it in my bunker.

Maybe I’m OCD( actually I think I am ) but my bunker is clean and easy for the collection guys to handle. Next doors if full of trash, small bags untied, plastic bottles etc etc and stinks to high heaven !!

OCD is a better diagnosis, but you should also know that in most Western countries where recycling is done mechanically by computer programmed video and jets of air they ask that plastic bottles, soda/beer cans and cartons should not be crushed. The video/computer has a harder time recognizing the item to be recycled and the programmed jets of air are not as effective in the separation process as the objects move along the conveyor belt. Not sure what the recycling process is performed here.

OCD is a better diagnosis, but you should also know that in most Western countries where recycling is done mechanically by computer programmed video and jets of air they ask that plastic bottles, soda/beer cans and cartons should not be crushed. The video/computer has a harder time recognizing the item to be recycled and the programmed jets of air are not as effective in the separation process as the objects move along the conveyor belt. Not sure what the recycling process is performed here.

Initially I wasn’t crushing the plastic bottles, just chucked them in a big bag. The first thing that the recycling guy did was crush them before weighing. So now I crush them, helps with storage.

I also crush in the rims of empty cans such as beans peas etc, goes back to when i was a rescue kennel manager, prevents dogs from getting there snouts jamed in, back in the day they had sharp jagged edges from can openers but these days they are nearly all ring pulls, yet i can never shake the habbit.

A stress disorder, or simply well organised? OCD is a label that gets misused on perfectly sensible people.

The only person that can stress you is yourself. The disorder comes in when you allow other people to screw you around. It's good therapy to make them wish they hadn't.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

A stress disorder, or simply well organised? OCD is a label that gets misused on perfectly sensible people.

The only person that can stress you is yourself. The disorder comes in when you allow other people to screw you around. It's good therapy to make them wish they hadn't.

Watch it cobber else i'll knock ya block off ! 

It's not a disorder. 

It's optimising your waste.

So it takes minimum space.

I put recycle stuff inside other recycle stuff.  Bulk it up.

As for Thais. 

My partner was taking photos of the numerous bins in the UK. 

And she said, "why do Thailand not do this".

My response (unsaid) obviously. 

Thais can't even bend their backs to pick rubbish up.. just drop it everywhere. 

I have noticed the a  lot of the first stage of the " recycling" processes begins by stockpiling it in large "dump areas" in large bags, often broken and rat infested areas, then sometimes picked up and moved to another large area and burned, not a lot sorting goin on from observations in areas from BKK to Chiang Mai.

The rubbish collection methods could do with a major overhaul across the country.

Archived