They think i have a stress disorder

2 hours ago, Ulic said:

OCD is a better diagnosis, but you should also know that in most Western countries where recycling is done mechanically by computer programmed video and jets of air they ask that plastic bottles, soda/beer cans and cartons should not be crushed. The video/computer has a harder time recognizing the item to be recycled and the programmed jets of air are not as effective in the separation process as the objects move along the conveyor belt. Not sure what the recycling process is performed here.

In the UK, local authorities specifically ask people to squash their bottles. You can even buy mechanical devices where you insert the bottle and squash it flat.

22 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I do the same as the op , crush the plastic bottles and put them in a big bag round the back for the recycling guy. Also glass bottles are stored for recycling.

Bought a big flip top bin and black bin bags so now the waste ( usually lotus or Big C bags from the kitchen bin ) are tied up and put in the bigger bin outside.
Waste removal comes early Sat and Tues, I tie up the black bag and put it in my bunker.

Maybe I’m OCD( actually I think I am ) but my bunker is clean and easy for the collection guys to handle. Next doors if full of trash, small bags untied, plastic bottles etc etc and stinks to high heaven !!

Not OCD! If you were you would feel compelled to do same for next-door. ???? 

Archived