What sort of questions to expect at immigration when turning yourself in on a long overstay?

21 hours ago, elviajero said:

As long as you have 20K to pay the fine they don’t care about anything else.

Used Used to be different, at least at the old Pattaya immigration office (when it was still on Soi 8, not Jomtien and manned by a bunch of unfriendly and arrogant IOs) :Remember a farang with a short overstay applying for an extension and being yelled at by the IO "why you breaking Thai law", as if he was personally offended by the overstayer.

For years it was the same bunch of rude farang haters yelling at people for minor issues:I politely asked an IO once about his sending me back to the photo copy shop for a copy that had never been required previously, and was yelled at by another IO why I didn't believe the officer. 

Wonder whether things have changed over in sin city. Moved out of there a a long time ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Used Used to be different, at least at the old Pattaya immigration office (when it was still on Soi 8, not Jomtien and manned by a bunch of unfriendly and arrogant IOs) :Remember a farang with a short overstay applying for an extension and being yelled at by the IO "why you breaking Thai law", as if he was personally offended by the overstayer.

For years it was the same bunch of rude farang haters yelling at people for minor issues:I politely asked an IO once about his sending me back to the photo copy shop for a copy that had never been required previously, and was yelled at by another IO why I didn't believe the officer. 

Wonder whether things have changed over in sin city. Moved out of there a a long time ago. 

How many centuries ago was that? Immigration has been in Jomtien for at least a decade.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, BestB said:

How many centuries ago was that? Immigration has been in Jomtien for at least a decade.

In the dying years of the last century/ millennium :1997 onwards to around 2004.Never seen the inside of the Jomtien office, and don't know whether the two 'friendly' young officer made the move to new location :One was very ugly and very rude, the other one very handsome and equally rude(bordering the abusive). The third one's looks I forgot, probably because he was polite and average looking. You remember the ones that 'spit in your face'.