New AIS ' Pay as you go' package questions

Hi, firstly I see Thai use 'pre paid' or 'post paid' terminology. In UK we say 'contract' or 'pay as u go'..Just to clear this one up, which one means the same as 'pay as you go' ?..thanks.

Up until recently I see no or often missing  info on the amount of data included .( eg 20 GB) with various AIS packages .This is not the same as Speed ( eg 6 mbps).

When buying say a 30 day 'pay as you go' package I need to know the speed AND amount of data I get.  ( Not the same thing). My question is my usual 30 day package *777*7211# which was 580 baht inc tax, speed 6 mbps, ( Never knew how much data, but was ok and I gave up asking), is no longer available. What should I be dialing / buying now? I just went in AIS shop and bought 20GB, 4mbps 30 day ...just under 700 baht. Ok but shop says can only buy in shop!  Wow i have to wait until finished and drive back to shop? I tried the AIS google app but is all in Thai and cannot see how to change to English.

Is there an up to date clear list including ..Price, Speed, Data & Time period and what to dial ? I get so many SMS's offering so many packages, but all together with all the info would be so much better.  Needs to be  available without going to the AIS shop.

Lastly regarding remaining data, can i get details of how much data is left left via a call or SMS ? ..Don't want it to go down to 128kbps  snail speed without knowing in advance.

I prefer 30 day packages, 4-10mbps speed, 20-50GB of data over the 30 days  btw....thanks

Ohh 1 more.. If I buy a new package before existing one expires, do I get the new 30 days added on to remaining time? eg If I had 4 days to go do I get 34 days...or do I lose the 4 days?

Prepaid

If your SIM was registered before the 1st of Feb, you may still be able to access the old unlimited package by dialling in the original 6 Mbps unlimited data code. 

If afterwards, just the limited data and capped speed is offered. They simply typed in *777*7159# Dial key to enable your current package. Utter BS to suggest that you can only apply it in store.

http://www.ais.co.th/myais/en/

https://myais.ais.co.th/login

Just click on the EN button for English.

No the new package validity will begin immediately, though it won't begin to use the data until the old fast data is depleted. 

Your best bet is to ditch AIS and to buy a Truemove H SIM via Lazada;

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/4mbps-200gb100gb-youtubefacebook-6-i264546349-s410731818.html offers 200 GB of 4 Mbps data over six months (plus 100GB for YouTube etc) for 500 baht. 

This one; https://www.lazada.co.th//products/4mbps-1-3g4g-i257626141-s396924058.html unlimited 4 Mbps for a year for 1800 baht.

Hi thanks Kneedeep, ok making some progress. Finally got the app in English. Shows remaining GB data ( good). Some of packages still don't show speed of package  ( Deliberate maybe, just says max speed). In store at counter it clearly gives all info. Ok so whatever package they did put in my phone I can repeat it by dialing *777*7159# yes?   If I understand you correctly if I renew early I LOSE any remaining days but retain any remaining data yes? 

Another question topping up . I have Kaisikorn savings account visa DEBIT card ( But no online banking). Whats the easiest way? I prefer not to use my farrang Mastercard.(CREDIT card) GF currently just transfers across from her Kaisikorn account...cheers

ps Had same SIM 5 years +

Hi thanks Kneedeep, ok making some progress. Finally got the app in English. Shows remaining GB data ( good). Some of packages still don't show speed of package  ( Deliberate maybe, just says max speed). In store at counter it clearly gives all info. Ok so whatever package they did put in my phone I can repeat it by dialing *777*7159# yes?   If I understand you correctly if I renew early I LOSE any remaining days but retain any remaining data yes? 

Another question topping up . I have Kaisikorn savings account visa DEBIT card ( But no online banking). Whats the easiest way? I prefer not to use my farrang Mastercard.(CREDIT card) GF currently just transfers across from her Kaisikorn account...cheers

if you have a Kasikorn account then you should get the Kasikorn online banking app and make life easier for yourself and then you can top up your phone account directly from your bank account.

19 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Yes.

700 baht for 20GB is poor value. Especially since it is capped at 4 Mbps. You can actually get 20+GB at full speed with AIS for less(average of 530 monthly), but it takes a bit of faffing.

13 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

On double checking, the code that I supplied will actually give you unlimited data a 4 Mbps with no slowdown, unlike the one they have supplied. Unless they have somehow tampered with your SIM to make it appear that you registered it after the 1st of Feb this year.

Your 6 Mbps package is also still available under the same code as you used before., but has jumped to a massive 909.50 baht, from the previous 588.50.

Anyway, you have a few options on which to mull.

I'm sure you've been here long enough to understand the PM system....

Archived