Has anyone applied for a retirement extension at Samui Immigration very recently ?

Has anyone applied for a retirement extension at Samui Immigration very recently ?

I went to Samui Immigration last week to enquired about the current requirements considering the new rules from 1st march 2019.

They gave me this list of documents needed to applied for retirement extension at Koh Samui Immigration.

As regards the 800k in bank method,  they told me seasoning is "2 months before the extension application and 3 months after" (Same as show section 5.1 and according to the new rules)

But, two days ago, they told to somebody they wanted seasoning "3 months before and 3 months after".

I know it can depend on each IO and his own interpretation of the new rules

But thank you for sharing your personnal experience about this topic if you applied for retirement extension very recently in Koh Samui and using the 800k in bank method.

Did they wanted seasoning "2 months before and 3 months after" OR "3 months before and 3 months after" ?

20190502_073928.jpg

OP should look in the existing pinned thread about extension of stay at Samui Immigration, the recently issued specification list is already posted there.

The pinned thread and mentioned post is here...

3 hours ago, PETERHOF said:

Did they wanted seasoning "2 months before and 3 months after" OR "3 months before and 3 months after" ?

The new rules about 800k baht deposit says, "two month before, and three month after", the old rules said "two month before" first time one applied for an extension based on retirement, and "three month before" when renewing an extension based on retirement.

Samui Immigration is know for having their own interpretation of rules – or not yet fully incorporated the new rules – and generally ask for three month maturing of fund when applying for extension beyond the first one. There has been similar report from other immigration offices, so to be safe, count three month, if its not first time applying for extension of stay based on retirement.

May I kindly suggest to close this thread, as it would be confusing having more than one running with questions and advises about Samui Immigration and extension of stay...????

I'm the OP of this topic and in fact, I'm only waiting for the real feedback and sharing experience from people who have had their retirement extension renewed very recently at Samui Immigration, by using the 800k in bank method.

Due to the new rules, only these people really know about the seasoning period required now by the IO at Samui Immigration : "2 months before / 3 months after" OR "3 months before / 3 months after" ?

I think that many expatriates in Koh Samui may be interested also by very recent testimony about this topic...

I have a fixed deposit account at SCB for 800kB with 1.6% interest and plan on just keeping it permanently.  I want to make sure that it's acceptable at SIO.  Many years ago they said that farangs were not allowed interest, so I kept it in a non-interest savings account.  It seems like a waste to not receive interest.  A couple of guys I know are doing the same.  Anyone else?

19 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

I have a fixed deposit account at SCB for 800kB with 1.6% interest and plan on just keeping it permanently.  I want to make sure that it's acceptable at SIO.  Many years ago they said that farangs were not allowed interest, so I kept it in a non-interest savings account.  It seems like a waste to not receive interest.  A couple of guys I know are doing the same.  Anyone else?

Last time I went to Samui Immigration, the IO told me that fixed deposit account is acceptable...

One of my friends used a fixed deposit account GSB Bank each year for his retirement extension renewal without problem at Samui Immigration.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:34 PM, PoorSucker said:

Samui Immigration has asked me for 400.000 in bank for three months, ten years now. 

The official rules for marriage extension says two months, but they never cared. 

Two years ago, I messed up my extension with less than 90 days (but more than 60 days) seeding.

As my visa was expiring and I had already had the one 60 day extension allowed, I was in a spot of bother but the nice lady mentioned that for 5,000 baht they could obtain 'special permission' to waive the 90 day rule...

On 5/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, PETERHOF said:

I'm the OP of this topic and in fact, I'm only waiting for the real feedback and sharing experience from people who have had their retirement extension renewed very recently at Samui Immigration, by using the 800k in bank method.

Due to the new rules, only these people really know about the seasoning period required now by the IO at Samui Immigration : "2 months before / 3 months after" OR "3 months before / 3 months after" ?

I think that many expatriates in Koh Samui may be interested also by very recent testimony about this topic...

Better to assume it is 3 months...

• 2 weeks later...