soon to be ex-wife trying to change sons family name

pedro01

almost divorced - well I need some docs from the embassy for the amphoe office - but apparently on return it'll all be settled.

My son came with me to the office this time & for some odd reason, I couldn't figure out - his mother wanted him to change his id card as last time they spelt his name wrong.

Now she's asking him to get original birth certificates off me & I smell a rat. She's a bitter & twisted individual. The boy lives with me, he's 17, he's happy. She absolutely hates that and today she called him 10 times asking for a paper. 

It's obviously no co-incidence she's doing this at the exact time our divorce is going through. He doesn't want to change his name but I guess it's her one final way of sticking the knife in. As we divorce, custody will be joint, as I mentioned - he doesn't want a name change and I am sure if he does it could cause issues later with his British Passport and British residency options.

I am wondering if there's a good way to put the brakes on this. I don't mind what his family name is to be honest - but I would prefer if she's not using him as a tool to get to me. For now I've told him that if she needs documents, she needs to get her lawyer to talk to mine - but surely any document she needs could also be got from the Amphoe office 'cause they do copies easy enough.

Any thoughts?

Don't expect to get an honest answer as to why change rthe name.

But you have picked it, with the 'sticking the knife in'

The petty vindictiveness has cheaply retargetted with her deliberate misspelling/mispronouncing, to make your name the bad word that she does not want to be associated with.

Presume he already has passport too?

She is only trying to get your attention. Been there, done that.

My son at age of 10 and still at 15 didn't want to change and nothing has happened.  She can't do nothing to change that..especially since he is living with you. Perhaps you should ask her for support money instead that I guess you are entitled to.

Edited by sead