How much would an ECG normally cost at a government hospital?

somtum16

I have been experiencing some chest symptoms recently, mostly a slow heartbeat and some arm pain. I am considering going to a government hospital to get checked out and I know they'll most likely do an ECG. Does anyone have an idea of how much I would expect to pay for an ECG test? I am planning on going to Maharaj hospital in Chiang Mai if that helps. Thanks. 

I went to a government hospital in the middle of the night with a pain in my left side.

I was given an ECG in ER, which proved I had no problem regarding my heart. Including the obligatory paracetamol, it cost me 190 Baht.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I went to a government hospital in the middle of the night with a pain in my left side.

I was given an ECG in ER, which proved I had no problem regarding my heart. Including the obligatory paracetamol, it cost me 190 Baht.

Wow, that's really cheap, thanks. I was expecting 3000 baht or something like that. 

I was experiencing irregular heartbeat and dizziness and wanted to get it checked out in a hurry since Hubby was planning to leave in a few hours and be gone for several days and he was reluctant to leave me alone with these symptoms.  So, we went down the street to CM Ram hospital where I was seen immediately in their E/R where they did an ECG and blood test for cardiac enzymes and saw a cardiologist in short order.  Total bill at this hospital -- considered one of the most expensive in Chiang Mai was less than 2000 baht, closer to 1000 as I recall.  

They decided I was most probably dehydrated and maybe stressed about Hubby leaving for a few days.  No sign of a heart attack in progress or having occurred.  

It took longer to wait to pay the bill than the medical portion of the visit.  We were home within an hour. 

Of course, Maharaj (CMU University) hospital would have been much cheaper, but the wait time would have been much longer.