Non-o Visa in Savannakhet (based upon marriage)

Hi to all,

soon need go make visa, my visa end on 14 May

on thaivisavientiane.com everything already booked (until 17 and after holidays start, i cant stay so long in Vientiane), so i choice go to Savannakhet on car

1) have some changes what i need to know about Savannakhet ? need to book appointments for example or no ?

if i start drive car at 5 A.M, i will arrived on border like 9 A.M, and can put my docs in Embassy, all right with time ? 

2) what docs i needed with my self ? for 3m and for 12m ? 

also question about my passport:

my passport end in 21.11.2019, i can apply for 12m for example or only for 3 ? (i already start make new passport, its took 2-3m), any problems there ? 

3) i can come to border on 14 may right ?  when exactly my visa expired

with best regards 

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need at least 12 months (18 months at some locations) remaining on your passports validity to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa.

its mean i can apply only for 3m, right ? or i cant apply for 3m also ? 

9 minutes ago, Sergey Black said:

its mean i can apply only for 3m, right ? or i cant apply for 3m also ? 

Only 6 months is needed for a single entry non-o visa. You will be close on the 6 months if you apply on the 14th but I am sure they will issue it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I am getting all my docs together to go do this next week also. Anyone have a link to download the Laos visa form and the Non-O visa form to save a bit of time?

Both can be download in this post. It is the same application form for all visas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Recent reports from Savannakhet indicate that the number of visa applicants has increased dramatically and long queues are now the norm. This is due to applicants switching away from Vientiane due to the appointment system.

I have noticed if I don't arrive at the gates when they open, just arrive fashionably late but before they stop accepting applications, the lines are nothing.

I wonder if that has changed. 

• Like 1

For the Non-O-Visa based on Marriage to a Thai.

What financials are required?

Would I need to cross the border every 90 days? ( I live in Surin so that would be Chong Chom )

Is there anything else that I Ha e forgotten?

Thank you for any information and advice.

Edited by Deerculler
Pressed the submit button to soon.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Damaz6052 said:

What's the latest you can cross the Friendship  Bridge into Lao? Thanks!

Laos immigration closes at 6.00 pm - so you need to leave Thai immigration with enough time to process your visa in Laos, that all depends on how you cross the bridge, I am unsure about the bus times. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damaz6052 said:

What's the latest you can cross the Friendship  Bridge into Lao? Thanks!

The bridge closes at 10 pm.

The Laos visa on arrival office closes at 6 pm but sometimes it is open later if they are busy.

The last bus from Mukdahan is at 7 pm which means about 7:15 pm at the bridge according to this web page.

http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/time-table-english/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

For the Non-O-Visa based on Marriage to a Thai.

What financials are required?

Would I need to cross the border every 90 days? ( I live in Surin so that would be Chong Chom )

Is there anything else that I Ha e forgotten?

Thank you for any information and advice.

I can't help with financials, but with a 1-year Non-Immigrant O Multiple Entry visa based on marriage, towards the end of your 90 days you can go to the local Immigration Office and get a 60 day extension, giving you nearly 150 days between border runs.  If you prefer to avoid Thai Immigration altogether, then yes, you would need to cross the border every 90 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SteveK said:

At Savannakhet, just go over the road to the little copy shop/cafe - they know exactly what you need and will do everything for you, for less than the taxi from the border cost.

I always do this too, well worth the 100 baht or whatever asks for as he fills out the boring form and always lets you know if there's any documents missing

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

I can't help with financials, but with a 1-year Non-Immigrant O Multiple Entry visa based on marriage, towards the end of your 90 days you can go to the local Immigration Office and get a 60 day extension, giving you nearly 150 days between border runs.  If you prefer to avoid Thai Immigration altogether, then yes, you would need to cross the border every 90 days.

3 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I have noticed if I don't arrive at the gates when they open, just arrive fashionably late but before they stop accepting applications, the lines are nothing.

I wonder if that has changed. 

Absolutely 100% changed. I used to do the same. The number of people arriving daily is now well over one hundred and the line is snaking down the road.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Absolutely 100% changed. I used to do the same. The number of people arriving daily is now well over one hundred and the line is snaking down the road.

Not good news . Just hope they take on extra staff otherwise it might implement an appointment system like Vientianne

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Not good news . Just hope they take on extra staff otherwise it might implement an appointment system like Vientianne

I think it was inevitable this would happen following the implementation of the appointment system at Vientiane. "Squeeze the balloon at one point and the fluid inside moves to another point."

I think it is now inevitable Savannakhet will soon enough take steps to manage the issue. That could be, as you say, implementing their own appointment system or tightening up on their application criteria. Let's hope it is not the latter.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, recom273 said:

Laos immigration closes at 6.00 pm - so you need to leave Thai immigration with enough time to process your visa in Laos, that all depends on how you cross the bridge, I am unsure about the bus times. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

The bridge closes at 10 pm.

The Laos visa on arrival office closes at 6 pm but sometimes it is open later if they are busy.

The last bus from Mukdahan is at 7 pm which means about 7:15 pm at the bridge according to this web page.

http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/time-table-english/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html

Thanks.

• Like 2

Yea last time I went over the bridge I had missed a flight so changed flight and ended up going over the bridge at about 7.30pm. Ideally you would definately wanna be there by 6pm. I got the distinct feeling that things were closing up. The Thai immigration guy wasn't even in the booth half the time. I did email Aura hotel while I was waiting to explain I may be late or not make it that night and they replied saying it is open until 10pm but I think that is incorrect.

• 1 month later...