English Teaching Jobs Available

On 5/10/2019 at 11:13 AM, Hiring English Teachers said:

Anuban and primary

You don't need native speakers to teach such basic English. You only need native speakers at the university level to teach higher level English.

What you need is a teacher who speaks good English and can teach. 

Not all native speakers can teach well. That's why the level of English proficiency in Thailand is so poor when compared to countries like Singapore who don't hire native speakers.

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 9:00 AM, EricTh said:

You don't need native speakers to teach such basic English. You only need native speakers at the university level to teach higher level English.

What you need is a teacher who speaks good English and can teach. 

Not all native speakers can teach well. That's why the level of English proficiency in Thailand is so poor when compared to countries like Singapore who don't hire native speakers.

I do agree with your words. Unfortunately I am writing on behalf of the school director and this is the request. However, if you know of a good English speaker with a clear phonetic sound, please feel free to contact me again. 

The problem I have recently experienced is that, good English speakers that have come to meet me do not have a degree which makes it impossible to hire them. 

Also, many people have gone to the online-teaching as they are driven by money not social contact with children. 

At this moment, the teachers in the higher primary level cannot each Maths or science or grammar. Seems many people want to be a teacher but lack the skills or motivation to succeed. 

What is the teaching situation for a native speaker who *can* teach higher math?  I've been teaching high school calculus for A levels and the US AP calc exam in China for several years now.  Masters degree from Johns Hopkins, CELTA, and former IELTS examiner (3 years).

Archived