Money Transfer - Again

Depends what you want it for.

Any transfers under US20,000 are under the radar.

99% of transfers over that amount by ordinary folk like us are exempt. the worse that will happen is that you will get a call from the bank asking what the purpose of the transfer is. Give them the answer, and away you go.

Depends what you want it for.

Any transfers under US20,000 are under the radar.

99% of transfers over that amount by ordinary folk like us are exempt. the worse that will happen is that you will get a call from the bank asking what the purpose of the transfer is. Give them the answer, and away you go.

So If I want to send 20K GBP which equates to around 38K USD I could send 10K GBP( 19K USD) to one bank account(Kasikorn Bank) and send 10K GBP(19K USD) to another bank(Bangkok Bank). Nothing to hide here - just want to avoid the 30% withholding - which I still do not fully understand.

Give your bank a call and tell them you will be transferring alot into your account for whatever purpose, house car.....

I have recently tranferred alot more than 20k USD into my Kasikorn account a couple of times with no probs whatever.

Give your bank a call and tell them you will be transferring alot into your account for whatever purpose, house car.....

I have recently tranferred alot more than 20k USD into my Kasikorn account a couple of times with no probs whatever.

Nice one - cheers

Nice one - cheers

I have to do a $24,000 transfer this week and stopped by to ask the bank manager about it. She said should be no problem with the amount and capital controls. I asked about the exchange rate (off shore vs on shore) and she had no clue what I was talking about. :o