Chiang Mai karaoke rip-off strikes again - Thai pays 13,800 baht for nothing

webfact

This happened to me in Manila. I went a Karaoke bar on Roxas. Had a can of ginger ale and bought 4 lady drinks. The check was over 1000 USD. They took me in a back room and wouldn't let me leave until I paid. I thought about calling the cops, but I'd probably have to pay them also.

1 minute ago, daboyz1 said:

This happened to me in Manila. I went a Karaoke bar on Roxas. Had a can of ginger ale and bought 4 lady drinks. The check was over 1000 USD. They took me in a back room and wouldn't let me leave until I paid. I thought about calling the cops, but I'd probably have to pay them also.

Similar thing happened to me , just arrived in Manila  and went straight into a bar and spent the night drinking , then the bill came , $1000 .

I have a huge disagreement with the bar people , it got quite heated .

Then it suddenly dawned on me that we wernt in Australia , but we were in the Philippines and the bill was 1000 Pesos , I got my calculator out , did a quick conversion ..............and decided to stay for a few more beers .

1000 Pesos was about $20 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Similar thing happened to me , just arrived in Manila  and went straight into a bar and spent the night drinking , then the bill came , $1000 .

I have a huge disagreement with the bar people , it got quite heated .

Then it suddenly dawned on me that we wernt in Australia , but we were in the Philippines and the bill was 1000 Pesos , I got my calculator out , did a quick conversion ..............and decided to stay for a few more beers .

1000 Pesos was about $20 

Laugh.

23 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And you don't think they get paid a tip to look the other way?

their modo/logo says """ your safety it's our concern """ please don't tell me they are liars ????

" He basically said this was a tourist town and it was his own fault, according to an expletive laden part of the poster's claim that he hoped would serve as a warning to others. "

What does that even mean? Pretty scary if it means what I think.

Used to live behind one of these joints of chaing Klan road. Can't imagine a regular tourist going in unless you were really wasted and a tuk tuk dropped you there. They seem to be oriented to wealthy Chinese businessmen types. Very rarely did I see someone actually going in. Walk by and all girls outside, no eye contact or acknowledgement at all even when I looked in and smiled. Girls were really attractive but not thai types, more like Korean or chinese, or types you would see in hong kong.

Did not feel like the area and joint was u der the usual jurisdiction of thai police, whatever that means.

Was going to pass my number to the girls outside since I lived right there, like I said they were extremely attractive. But felt like they were being watched, no eye contact at all. Also always late at night in a deserted non tourtist area with nobody around so never ended up messing with them, still Wish i had tried though.

1 hour ago, DonDoRondo said:

If you are referring to the Galare T, I lived there for a while and never once considered going 

inside those joints.   Also there were three dogs roaming the parking lot that were not averse to

biting people.  

Not that far down, i was near art in paradise. Big karaoke is on the right just after going down. Girls sit out front on chiang klan mirrored hallway. If anyones been in that one please report here.

Archived