Does anybody know if Canadian embassy still gives out affidavits for income verification?

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Canadian embassy will still allow you to do a statutory declaration to prove you income. The want to see proof of income when you do it.

My money comes from contracts, it's not steady....can I transfer the 65 000 from my Paypal to a Thai bank account and show that?

What kind of proof do they need to see?

1 hour ago, ikebukuro5 said:

My money comes from contracts, it's not steady....can I transfer the 65 000 from my Paypal to a Thai bank account and show that?

What kind of proof do they need to see?

No.  They want to see a pattern of deposits or income from a source.  What you are talking about is what screwed the brits and yanks

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

and this eliminates the need to show deposits into Thailand?

I hope so. If you have an income letter from your embassy it is my understanding that this is one of the routes for acquiring a retirement extension.

It states that I receive a monthly pension income of xxxx (notarized) with supporting document...which is more then 65000 baht per month.

11 minutes ago, 300sd said:

I hope so. If you have an income letter from your embassy it is my understanding that this is one of the routes for acquiring a retirement extension.

It states that I receive a monthly pension income of xxxx (notarized) with supporting document...which is more then 65000 baht per month.

Yes, I was going to look into this in a few years for my marriage extension. I was also under the impression that this letter absolved you of bring funds into Thailand for extensions. Then in a thread a few weeks back it was mentioned otherwise which I found confusing. My plan is when I'm ready to use this method (which I don't think will change like the other embassies because we actually have to prove our incomes to the C.E.) I will call the embassy and visit my local immigration office to get a straight lowdown from both ends. 

• 2 weeks later...

RE: the 12 month Extension.

For this, I've been using the Canadian Embassy/Consulate notorised Letter of Income for ten years now with zero problems from them. Takes about half an hour unless a long queue (almost never). The very best proof ~ according to the Consulate ~ is your latest Canadian tax return.

I've also been greeted at Thai Immigration with no problems using this option. It's all they've ever asked for.

However, things have changed lately at Thai Imm.

My next Extension trip is September and I'm not 100% certain whether they will also ask for more financial info on top of my Embassy letter. I.E. a Thai bank letter showing 65,000B monthly, or 800,000 in the bank.

Anyone know the answer to this query?

24 minutes ago, nongkhai said:

My next Extension trip is September and I'm not 100% certain whether they will also ask for more financial info on top of my Embassy letter. I.E. a Thai bank letter showing 65,000B monthly, or 800,000 in the bank.

They could ask for proof of the source of income. That could be a bank statement from a bank in Canada showing money going in or something from your pension provider. Basically it would be the same proof you showed the embassy.

They certainly will not ask for proof of 65k baht going in a Thai bank or 800k baht in the bank.

• Like 1