a new vodka? kulov (cool off)

at my small town local tescos today I found that the gilbeys vodka had been cleared from the shelves and replaced by 'Kulov', 40% and thb300 for 70cl...brewed by the red bull distillery in samut sakhon...is this the end of gilbeys vodka?...big thai smiles all around 'of course not, khun falang, we guarantee that competition in the marketplace for vodka shall not be compromised and that you and your thai whore (oops, sorry, I meant 'woman/wife/pardner/whatever') shall still have the benefits thereof...'

I feel nervous...meanwhile the big smiles at the top dissolve into concern 'dems gilbeys guys are cuttin' into our market' 'no matta, we make our own and cut out the rest and let them dumb falangs drink their imported grey goose at 3000 per for which we shall take 100% import tax'...big guffahs all around...'you are a genius, general prawiteroll...' 'ah yes, military/monarchism has it's benefits...'

Sorry but I'm not sure what you are trying to tell us, do you approve of the new Kulov vodka, are you sad they have got rid of Gilbeys.

I discovered Kulov in my local Big C, it is totally devoid of any any smell, but put some orange or lemon zest in it for a couple of weeks and you have a great tasting limoncello or orangecello.

I suggest that the two vodka brands remain on the supermarket shelves so that non beer drinkers are not reduced to the Chang/singha/leo monopolistic continuum...and that the mechanism for allowing these arrangements to endure is the same that allows a non elected dictatorship in Thailand to endure...regardless of the popular vote in the recent election..

someone's gotta say somethin'...I guess that I could add some Kulov to my bath oil...

Archived