British passport interview or not? for son

I am about to apply for my two sons British Passports for the first time

aged 11 and 13

Sorry if this has been covered but i see some people say there is no interview now which would suit me perfectly.

I am hoping its a case of paying for the passport application and showing all of paperwork and then the passports get sent back to you.

Hopefully someone has just done this its just that i don't want to travel to Bangkok if i can help it .

No interview for children. Your children do not have to be present at any part of the process at VFS.

However there is a stipulation that an applicant should be interviewed for their first adult passport, so that's one to think about next time round.

The passports get sent back to VFS global, where they can be collected. VFS will not post or courier them to you.

It's actually quite a lot of paperwork and translations. There are lots of British members who have done this, so if you get stuck have a browse through older posts or start a new thread if you need to.

You only have to apply for their first passport one time. Next time the documentation should be less for a renewal.