Hunt for Thai man who raped Norwegian tourist on Koh Phangan

webfact

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Another bimbo foreign girl likely wandering half naked and drunk in Thailand . More so those islands. I gave up warning these Full Moon /Half Moon/Khao San Road idiots years ago. I am going to do as i please and party party party and maybe if i get lucky get laid. Instead often , drugged, robbed, stolen goods, raped or killed.

post-242586-0-76113800-1450373119_thumb.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, batata said:

that's the question, 2 months ago some girl claimed she was raped a week later she said it was a mistake that she lied, one is supposed to be innocent until proof guilty

Can't quite believe you're serious with some of your comments.

I almost expect you to say she was 'asking for it'.

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

For me, the photo accompanying the article sums up the Thai police farce (sic) perfectly. Just a few plods wandering around aimlessly and completely clueless, with not even a notepad in sight. Utterly useless.

I can see notepads and phone cameras in the pic. 

Hopefully, they will catch the perpetrator.

4 hours ago, batata said:

no where it's mention she visited the hospital for a body check, rape/forced sex or any potential sexual diseases, she's not worried about HIV or did the guy was prepared and brought condoms and had time to put it on without a fight..... hummmm funny story

one is innocent until proven guilty but you get "burned" by the bashing from the ones not understanding the train of thought and double meaning/context of words, you made too many points.... good luck though

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Nothing funny about rape Mr. Batata...

so if an article contains or not contain, that is your sole basis of your fact finding and if it happened or didn’t happen?

did you understand the word funny and how it's used... better visit the web and check that word, many different meanings

4 hours ago, batata said:

no where it's mention she visited the hospital for a body check, rape/forced sex or any potential sexual diseases, she's not worried about HIV or did the guy was prepared and brought condoms and had time to put it on without a fight..... hummmm funny story

RE - or did the guy was prepared and brought condoms and had time to put it on without a fight

* The condom is normally a part of a foreplay which we may assume didn't happen in this case alternatively it was put on during the motorbike ride, but that need a lot of training prior to be successful ...

Why did they not ban all the full moon parties ? There was some talk about it when BJ was in charge. But too much money in it , expect more rapes and murders. 

Maybe they should rename the islands.rape island,murder island,bludgeon island the tourist might get the hint and watch what they are doing.phuket could be renamed raped and thrown down a cliff and skull caved in with a boulder island.

ill forward my ideas to TAT and see if they think they could be on to something.

4 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Well, this defiantly is a problem of Taking your Values re safety, from one place, E.g. Norway in this situation, and incorrectly applying them in another place ... E.g. Thailand, and Ko Pahgan a ? Full On let us say, ( = Drugs ) ... Tourist place, as the more out of the way, "Tourist" places go ... 

I left my Thai partner sitting on a bench, in a pretty lonely part of West Sumatra once .... OK Dinner time !!! It has been delivered, .... so I will finish this one off later on ... Bon Apatite. ...

Well, this defiantly is a problem of Taking your Values, re safety, from one place, E.g. Norway in this situation, and incorrectly applying them in another place ... E.g. Thailand, and Ko Pahgan a ?  Full On let us say, ( = Drugs ) ... Tourist place.  ( And not BKK ! … which I generally think, would STILL be much safer than Ko Phagan. ? )

I left my Thai partner sitting on a bench, in a pretty lonely West Sumatra once … while I sprinted up a small hill, for a look around, and well, an Indonesian man came along after I left her, like he probably was fowling us, … as they tend to do in out of the way parts of Indonesia, just in Curiosity, and well, to beat the boredom !  Like what else is there to do, around a place like that !  other than stake out, and seriously verbally harass, the rare passing Tourists !  Right.

And he approached my Wife after I had left, and said to her “Do you want to come Jalan Jalan with me” like direct translation … “ Do you want to come for a walk with me”, … Implied meaning, … “ Do you want to make out” I guess  !!!  ….  Pxxx  just smiled, and said that she just said No, ….  And the guy just politely cursed off. Like Pxxx is an older woman, and this probably was one thing that she DID have going for her in this situation. She was not exciting the questionable, passing man !

But how lucky were we that’s he did not get attacked or Raped !    Like Rape is Rape, but HOW stupid was I, to break the Local custom, and leave my Woman, Un attended, in an out of the way place !    Like even at the time I realized how stupid I had been, …  and how Lucky we had got. … like NONE of the locals, ever would have done that I am sure !    And for good Reason. 

And Ditto Thai girls in Ko Pagan, I bet they would not accept a ride with any one, that they did not know either, and for sure about that ! Like I am not even allowed to pick up my daughter In-laws from the Highway, as thy come back home from work around here ! Right.

I had taken my better view of life, and safety for Woman, … from Bangkok, where we had been living for a while ….  And getting used to the comparative safety, for all and even at night there … well also values from a good and safe big City in general I suppose, … to an Isolated Country spot.    Totally stupid of me to have left her there …all round. To have applied in in remote West Sumatra Indonesia.

Well in Bangkok, I had noticed that in the old soi 22 Yipsong, slums that the rents were a LOT more out in the shanties, close to the well light road !  Than they were for the shacks down the back of the poorly light board walk allies ….  Like the girls that worked in the bars, and had, more money ( From You and Me and others ) could pay more for them, … hence the prices for the places near the road, were pushed up.  …. 

Like yes eve in Bangkok, the girls did not trust the Thai men, further back in the dark alleys.  Either !

I worked in Africa for a while, did some time crew changing in Cameroon, Doula … a French speaking place and well, …Very VERY difficult for you if you only spoke English !!!  … Like not even comparable to France or anywhere else that I have ever been !  Like they … Just Spoke French !  And that was all, … and that was it !  ….  And I made a similar mistake of taking Values from one place, … to another, where they did not apply !

Like I picked up a Prostitute in the middle of the road, … like truly, ..  In the middle of the road, ! Well, outside a posh hotel also, …  And luckily, it was not a very busy road right !    And I had been living in Bangkok for a long time before that, where the girls, would not rob you, if you were OK to them,…  Well unless you were an Arab I think, … Like I have a good Arab friend, (Who now lives in Germany ) and well he, has NOT been so lucky in the Great and good old  BKK either …

But well, I suppose I could be grateful, as we were stopped by the Police in the Taxi, and while they took that taxi driver in to their little booth !  I realized the gravity of the situation, …  and also that my Hotel was just around the corner, and over the road !  ….  So with the woman saying, …”Hey you cannot do that”, ….  And me saying …  Quietly, but very seriously … “Oh YES I CAN” !  … I quietly opened the door, and got out, … and then did a very good, Monty Python, Silly walk, using big long steps !    And speeding up as I went ! … But not running of course … so as not to attract attention !    And I made it back home to my hotel, … without the cops actually noticing me leaving !  Har Ha !  ….  Much to the annoyance of the Taxi driver, pleading when them over his license, … in the little booth of course !  ….

… But the woman Followed me, … and well, I foolishly still had my Bangkok values … and just sort of forgot that I actually was in Africa !    Where Life is cheap, and corruption and crime Rampant ?  Well probably ….  I have not actually researched it,… other than letting her see where I had hidden the room key, ..  AND my money !    And then eating the food and drink that she had spent a long time going out and getting ! ?    So I was drugged and robed.

Still, I should really be pretty thankful to her though, as well, she got the dose right, and I woke up in time, and in good enough shape, to dress quickly, and go down stairs and get on the bus down to the port,  with the rest of the boys, … and well, Just being a bit Quiet with them !!! Right    “Have a nice time last night Mxxx” ?  …. …  “Well yes” ? “I Did”    Right … And she only took my cash, and not my passport, or Credit cards !    So well, I had nothing to report !    So I could just sit in the bus with the rest of the crew … and well, keep quiet about that one !    For once !    Right !

… The taxi drivers had had a go at me,  from a distance as I walked through the lobby, out to the bus !  Re the silly walk away from their cops !  And well, leaving the driver to deal with it, ?  Right … “You owe us a LOT of money” they quietly shouted at me …  and … “Oh I do to think so” … I quietly shouted back, …  and “You guys can just catch up with that woman for the money Right” !    and they knew I think … and I quietly got on the bus, … with my Bangkok morals, and Ideals, … just a little bit shattered !    Africanized, maybe you could say ! Time to Modify Mxxx …

Re Transferring Moral Behavior over borders and continents,... a bit ore successfully, ... Like it CAN be done. Just not in trusting the local men, .. ANEY WHERE I Think ! .... 

Well, I had the opportunity to take BKK morals in to that place, but with a bit more success later on that day !!! Like a positive of doing it, … when it is safe, and you DO know what you are doing for once ! …

We were stopped in out crew boat, out in the river … by corrupt Police, that had Demanded Money from our pretty tough, “White Oil and Gas Men” bosses !!!    And the boss’s clamed up … and refused to deal with them, ..  And the Cops refused to let us go, … Just asking to see our Passports instead, and not demanding money for it ….  But the bosses refused to negotiate ..  And we were just stuck there.  All siting in the oversized Canoe,  out in the harbor, ….  Out in the sun,  ….

So well, I used my Bangkok morals and skills … for some good for a change !  I thought any way, ….  Like No, money was being asked for !    Or it was miniscule, I forget which now, and I just jumped in, in front of the bosses, and showed the cops my passport, and so did a couple of the other guys !    and the cops having regained face … let us go …

Though my bossed were pretty pissed off with me, and well, just hating me … (As usual I must sadly add) … The Bangkok, savi,  and charm, … in the face of Oil nag Gas, White men’s Beigerance and arrogance ?  Money talks and Bullshit walks …Right !!! @#$%^&(*& …  As usual ?  …. But they could not say a bloody thing, other than something like “F’ did you see that”, to each other quietly, … and scowl scathingly towards me, and call me a rude name of course ….  But they could not say anything more, or do anything about it, …..  As I HAD got US ALL out of it ! And they knew it.

Bangkok Savvy and Charm ?  Against the Oil and Gas man, money talks and bullshit walks, crap,… and I took the Bangkok culture, out, on to the Africans very well, after that,…  Like I was learning … 

And on we went out to our ship ..  And on went my life …  with me being very careful about taking morals and safety issued, over borders in to other countries.

Like I go to Europe for holidays now, I am old, and well, … Xn France !  I am Much MUCH more careful there, ….  Than I EVER would be in good old BKK ! Right.    Different approaches, requited for different situations, … and Places. Where ever you come from.

35 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Re Transferring Moral Behavior over borders and continents,... a bit ore successfully, ... Like it CAN be done. Just not in trusting the local men, .. ANEY WHERE I Think ! .... 

Well, I had the opportunity to take BKK morals in to that place, but with a bit more success later on that day !!! Like a positive of doing it, … when it is safe, and you DO know what you are doing for once ! …

We were stopped in out crew boat, out in the river … by corrupt Police, that had Demanded Money from our pretty tough, “White Oil and Gas Men” bosses !!!    And the boss’s clamed up … and refused to deal with them, ..  And the Cops refused to let us go, … Just asking to see our Passports instead, and not demanding money for it ….  But the bosses refused to negotiate ..  And we were just stuck there.  All siting in the oversized Canoe,  out in the harbor, ….  Out in the sun,  ….

So well, I used my Bangkok morals and skills … for some good for a change !  I thought any way, ….  Like No, money was being asked for !    Or it was miniscule, I forget which now, and I just jumped in, in front of the bosses, and showed the cops my passport, and so did a couple of the other guys !    and the cops having regained face … let us go …

Though my bossed were pretty pissed off with me, and well, just hating me … (As usual I must sadly add) … The Bangkok, savi,  and charm, … in the face of Oil nag Gas, White men’s Beigerance and arrogance ?  Money talks and Bullshit walks …Right !!! @#$%^&(*& …  As usual ?  …. But they could not say a bloody thing, other than something like “F’ did you see that”, to each other quietly, … and scowl scathingly towards me, and call me a rude name of course ….  But they could not say anything more, or do anything about it, …..  As I HAD got US ALL out of it ! And they knew it.

Bangkok Savvy and Charm ?  Against the Oil and Gas man, money talks and bullshit walks, crap,… and I took the Bangkok culture, out, on to the Africans very well, after that,…  Like I was learning … 

And on we went out to our ship ..  And on went my life …  with me being very careful about taking morals and safety issued, over borders in to other countries.

Like I go to Europe for holidays now, I am old, and well, … Xn France !  I am Much MUCH more careful there, ….  Than I EVER would be in good old BKK ! Right.    Different approaches, requited for different situations, … and Places. Where ever you come from.

Mark, will you please simplfy your post for the 'deaf & hard of hearing'?

Ka pom.

????

In the linked The Nation article it also says:

»She however could not identify the nationality of the man, saying she was so drunk.«

"So drunk" is not so good, when partying alone...????

11 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

It is unfortunate that our (I'm Norwegian) young ladies are so naive about the world outside Scandinavia. Many believe that they can handle themselves and are "on par" with men if it comes to physical confrontations. Which is not true.

So, ladies, please dont go alone. And dont get stupid drunk or high. Take care of yourself. It's a crazy world out here.

Hope they catch the scumbag and crucify him.

Norwegian media naive to then...........and dont consider such events as rape in the sunshine newsworthy.

It's a fact Scandinavians along with manys others drink to excess when presented with cheap drinks.

12 hours ago, transam said:

This is the Land of Smiles....Holiday folk plobably think they are OK because of that.....False sense of security perhaps...

Long time readers here know a little different.......

BUT, can happen anywhere where folk think the natives mean well..

Well, if I'd lose my wallet, I'd of course jump on your bike, Mr. Transam. 

Handsome and trustworthy, but that's only because I've known you for quite a few years. 

But the lady in question didn't know sh_e. Did her parents, and teachers not tell her to avoid strangers?

And that in a country where too many foreigners got brutally killed. Do they not Google things before they fly out?

We all know that people there take almost all, from mushrooms to coke. Would it be possible that she's there with her boyfriend, or has one at home and made a little adventure tour and now regrets it?

I'm in no way saying that she's a liar, but too many things don't add up. Don't ride with strangers if the beach isn't far away, I'd say.

And being female, never walk alone, methinks. 

5 hours ago, Mark mark said:

I worked in Africa for a while, did some time crew changing in Cameroon, Doula … a French speaking place and well, …Very VERY difficult for you if you only spoke English !!!  … Like not even comparable to France or anywhere else that I have ever been !  Like they … Just Spoke French !  And that was all, … and that was it !  ….  And I made a similar mistake of taking Values from one place, … to another, where they did not apply !

Like I picked up a Prostitute in the middle of the road, … like truly, ..  In the middle of the road, ! Well, outside a posh hotel also, …  And luckily, it was not a very busy road right !    And I had been living in Bangkok for a long time before that, where the girls, would not rob you, if you were OK to them,…  Well unless you were an Arab I think, … Like I have a good Arab friend, (Who now lives in Germany ) and well he, has NOT been so lucky in the Great and good old  BKK either …

But well, I suppose I could be grateful, as we were stopped by the Police in the Taxi, and while they took that taxi driver in to their little booth !  I realized the gravity of the situation, …  and also that my Hotel was just around the corner, and over the road !  ….  So with the woman saying, …”Hey you cannot do that”, ….  And me saying …  Quietly, but very seriously … “Oh YES I CAN” !  … I quietly opened the door, and got out, … and then did a very good, Monty Python, Silly walk, using big long steps !    And speeding up as I went ! … But not running of course … so as not to attract attention !    And I made it back home to my hotel, … without the cops actually noticing me leaving !  Har Ha !  ….  Much to the annoyance of the Taxi driver, pleading when them over his license, … in the little booth of course !  ….

… But the woman Followed me, … and well, I foolishly still had my Bangkok values … and just sort of forgot that I actually was in Africa !    Where Life is cheap, and corruption and crime Rampant ?  Well probably ….  I have not actually researched it,… other than letting her see where I had hidden the room key, ..  AND my money !    And then eating the food and drink that she had spent a long time going out and getting ! ?    So I was drugged and robed.

Still, I should really be pretty thankful to her though, as well, she got the dose right, and I woke up in time, and in good enough shape, to dress quickly, and go down stairs and get on the bus down to the port,  with the rest of the boys, … and well, Just being a bit Quiet with them !!! Right    “Have a nice time last night Mxxx” ?  …. …  “Well yes” ? “I Did”    Right … And she only took my cash, and not my passport, or Credit cards !    So well, I had nothing to report !    So I could just sit in the bus with the rest of the crew … and well, keep quiet about that one !    For once !    Right !

… The taxi drivers had had a go at me,  from a distance as I walked through the lobby, out to the bus !  Re the silly walk away from their cops !  And well, leaving the driver to deal with it, ?  Right … “You owe us a LOT of money” they quietly shouted at me …  and … “Oh I do to think so” … I quietly shouted back, …  and “You guys can just catch up with that woman for the money Right” !    and they knew I think … and I quietly got on the bus, … with my Bangkok morals, and Ideals, … just a little bit shattered !    Africanized, maybe you could say ! Time to Modify Mxxx …

So I was drugged and robed. Did you enter the monkhood afterward? 

In an orange robe, perhaps? 

15 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Well, he had a motor bike, so she should have seen enough of it, to be able to track him down using that ? ... and Info from the locals, .... then DNA for total proof ... I hope she did give them some of it ? .... Like they are now catching Pricks, years and Years after their crimes, using DNA. .... and this is one GOOD development, in this Brave New terminological, (Pretty F'd up )  world !  

I think I will wait for the story to develop a little more.  I have seen these before.

18 hours ago, Wiggy said:

For me, the photo accompanying the article sums up the Thai police farce (sic) perfectly. Just a few plods wandering around aimlessly and completely clueless, with not even a notepad in sight. Utterly useless.

Okay Sherlock - looks like their investigation skills are better than yours. They arrested the guy already...

Rather ironic how you talk about them being clueless while you point out that not even a notepad is in sight when you can clearly see them on the Photo.  Glad they do a better job than you.

2 hours ago, huberthammer said:

Okay Sherlock - looks like their investigation skills are better than yours. They arrested the guy already...

Rather ironic how you talk about them being clueless while you point out that not even a notepad is in sight when you can clearly see them on the Photo.  Glad they do a better job than you.

Credit where credit is due; the CCTV was working this time. Plus, I was referring to the photo on the beach, before the other was posted. Granted, a notepad has appeared in the subsequent photo.

Archived