Hunt for Thai man who raped Norwegian tourist on Koh Phangan

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

For me, the photo accompanying the article sums up the Thai police farce (sic) perfectly. Just a few plods wandering around aimlessly and completely clueless, with not even a notepad in sight. Utterly useless.

You can tell the police are not taking it seriously by the lack of pointing...

1 hour ago, batata said:

no where it's mention she visited the hospital for a body check, rape/forced sex or any potential sexual diseases, she's not worried about HIV or did the guy was prepared and brought condoms and had time to put it on without a fight..... hummmm funny story

It does not mention that she did not visit the hospital either.

I hope this young lady recovers from this ordeal, its horrendous that men can do this, but in saying that, unless they can find a motorbike riding man from myanmar then dont hold your breath of an arrest, thai male offenders and thai male cops on a small island., hmmm, theres your answer.

1) Dancing is stupid.  People who enjoy dancing tend to be stupid.

2) Getting drunk is stupid.  People who enjoy getting drunk tend to be stupid.

3) Women who go dancing don't like to put their keys or ID/wallet in their pockets because it makes them look "bulky" (ego).  So they give them to someone else to hold, usually a guy or put them down somewhere.  See #1.

4) Smart people sew "secret pockets" inside their clothes for their passport & big money.  Only keeping their small money in an outside pocket for water, drinks and food.  See #1.

5) See #1. ????

46 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

How soon after risky sex can you be 100% sure you are clear of HIV?

There is no single correct answer to this question. One recommended strategy is to get tested 2-4 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months after a risky exposure. Using a sensitive antigen/antibody HIV test, of those who are infected, most will test positive at 1 month; almost all will test positive at 3 months; and the rest will test positive at 6 months. If you have any symptoms that may be caused be acute HIV infection, you should be retested immediately, with an HIV viral load test included. Newer and more sensitive HIV tests make it more and more likely that HIV will be detected at earlier time points.

If you have been taking PrEP, tell your clinician that when you are getting tested because PrEP may affect the ability of the HIV tests to detect early HIV infection.

Remember, if you have had "risky sex," you may want to start PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) to prevent HIV infection. You should start this as soon as possible after the possible exposure to HIV, and ideally within 72 hours of the exposure--call your VA clinician or go to an emergency room or urgent care clinic.

For more information, please see the Getting Tested section of the Web site.

Informed comment

1 hour ago, batata said:

so if it happens always at or after moonparty the people going there should know how risky it could be.... why they are still going ? maybe they like the risk and excited by the idea, did it crossed your mind or is it too much.....

because they are young and dumb

2 hours ago, car720 said:

Mmmm!  A needle in a haystack.

Well, he had a motor bike, so she should have seen enough of it, to be able to track him down using that ? ... and Info from the locals, .... then DNA for total proof ... I hope she did give them some of it ? .... Like they are now catching Pricks, years and Years after their crimes, using DNA. .... and this is one GOOD development, in this Brave New terminological, (Pretty F'd up )  world !  

1 hour ago, Razek said:

Q: How soon after risky sex can you be 100% sure you are clear of HIV?

There is no single correct answer to this question. One recommended strategy is to get tested 2-4 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months after a risky exposure. Using a sensitive antigen/antibody HIV test, of those who are infected, most will test positive at 1 month; almost all will test positive at 3 months; and the rest will test positive at 6 months. If you have any symptoms that may be caused be acute HIV infection, you should be retested immediately, with an HIV viral load test included. Newer and more sensitive HIV tests make it more and more likely that HIV will be detected at earlier time points.

If you have been taking PrEP, tell your clinician that when you are getting tested because PrEP may affect the ability of the HIV tests to detect early HIV infection.

Remember, if you have had "risky sex," you may want to start PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) to prevent HIV infection. You should start this as soon as possible after the possible exposure to HIV, and ideally within 72 hours of the exposure--call your VA clinician or go to an emergency room or urgent care clinic.

For more information, please see the Getting Tested section of the Web site.

I think you have batata potatoes in your head not birn

why is not important to do an immediate hiv test to establish baseline? given medical/legal implications.

I've never raped a woman but have pondered the logistics of such an act. Unless there is some help on the part of the victim it just seems like it would be hard to do unless there was violence involved or the threat of violence, eg  Gun or Knife. I hear of rapes all the time and just wonder.

Well, this defiantly is a problem of Taking your Values re safety, from one place, E.g. Norway in this situation, and incorrectly applying them in another place ... E.g. Thailand, and Ko Pahgan a ? Full On let us say, ( = Drugs ) ... Tourist place, as the more out of the way, "Tourist" places go ... 

I left my Thai partner sitting on a bench, in a pretty lonely part of West Sumatra once .... OK Dinner time !!! It has been delivered, .... so I will finish this one off later on ... Bon Apatite. ...

25 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

I've never raped a woman but have pondered the logistics of such an act. Unless there is some help on the part of the victim it just seems like it would be hard to do unless there was violence involved or the threat of violence, eg  Gun or Knife. I hear of rapes all the time and just wonder.

The kind of substances taken at those parties renders victims no more able to defend themselves than Mr Bean.

4 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

It is unfortunate that our (I'm Norwegian) young ladies are so naive about the world outside Scandinavia. Many believe that they can handle themselves and are "on par" with men if it comes to physical confrontations. Which is not true.

So, ladies, please dont go alone. And dont get stupid drunk or high. Take care of yourself. It's a crazy world out here.

Hope they catch the scumbag and crucify him.

That good advice should also be followed in many other countries

including my own Australia and from I read in the media a Scandinavian country close to your homeland.

2 hours ago, bander said:

I bet he is far gone already running home to his mother for help and support and claiming to be the victim. They should build a hospital or clinic with support groups for raped women on Kho Phangan. I wonder how many girls get raped there every year without getting any kind of help or treatment (included those who never report it)? 

Have you ever even been to Phangan? I've lived her for 20 years and rapes are no more common here than anywhere else. Get your facts straight before giving your stupid barstool 2 satangs. Oh, you live in Pattaya. THAT explains it...

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

For me, the photo accompanying the article sums up the Thai police farce (sic) perfectly. Just a few plods wandering around aimlessly and completely clueless, with not even a notepad in sight. Utterly useless.

So Sherlock what do you expect them to do, the lady obviously doesn’t know the guy, probably hasn’t got the rego of the motorbike.

The article states the police have interviewed some locals and will be examining CCTV footage, with this type of crime and without witnesses that’s about all that would happen in most countries, if you are lucky.

11 minutes ago, KPG59 said:

Have you ever even been to Phangan? I've lived her for 20 years and rapes are no more common here than anywhere else. Get your facts straight before giving your stupid barstool 2 satangs. Oh, you live in Pattaya. THAT explains it...

Exactly !

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

It does not mention that she did not visit the hospital either.

that's the question, 2 months ago some girl claimed she was raped a week later she said it was a mistake that she lied, one is supposed to be innocent until proof guilty

4 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

It is unfortunate that our (I'm Norwegian) young ladies are so naive about the world outside Scandinavia.

Oh, come now! Your next-door neighbors in Sweden are living in the rape capital of Europe so they really have no excuse for being so naïve. In fact, sometimes I can’t help but wonder if there isn’t something in the water or the air in Scandinavia that affects more than just the Lemmings.

oslooskar

1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

if and if the guy try to force himself on her she would have fight back and  struggle to get away thus bruises or other marks should be visible, there was no mention of such, thus one has the right to question the accuracy of the report/post

3 hours ago, albertik said:

I suspect he means "funny"  as in odd or peculiar.

at least somebody understands the meaning but a punch of no native English speaking people start to judge a post without understanding the meaning or double meaning of a word.... btw that's funny (good) that you mention it, thanks

3 hours ago, Razek said:

He has the detective mind

Not same you a normal reader

you don't even understand the meaning of the words, you are not a native english speaking person

17 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

Oh, come now! Your next-door neighbors in Sweden are living in the rape capital of Europe so they really have no excuse for being so naïve. In fact, sometimes I can’t help but wonder if there isn’t something in the water or the air in Scandinavia that affects more than just the Lemmings.

oslooskar

wouldn,t have anything to do with the mass migration of recent years?

Archived