MG Parts ....no Chance... only complete Cars ?

Hello out there , i have tried to Order a MG Front Part .... no Microfiches .... no Part No , but a Car in the Showroom in Buri-Ram

with ID , and the correct Part as a sample .... should be an easy Job .

Not at all !  I have to pay 1500 Baht in Advance , before they even Start .... ok .... 3 Days later a Chinese English Phonecall

Your Part arrived ...... Payed the remaining 1300 Baht to receive my Part ..... but none of the ( nice ) Girls was able to find it !

I told them , that they should call again , if my Part is on her Desk ....and I Start to leave ,

Then a Girl comes with my Part finally , but the Box only contents 10 % of the Ordered Part ..... and taking it home (100km )

i found out it is the wrong Colour as well . Phonecalls don t help , My English is good enough to comunicate , but not Chinese !

So drove there again , showed my Part in the Showroom , at the Sample Car , and they had no Idea what is wrong .

( Difference between Chrome and Black/Pink is unknown ) but they Promised to take it back .

if the new Part arrived , Yes IF .... 3 Days Later , Phonecall , I have to pay another 2000 Baht ..... My Wife can reduce it to 1000 Baht ,

but after Driving 500 km forward and backwards , I decide to find a MG Dealer with a Stock and Service .....

till today ... No Chance !! MG Korat at there Homepage ... nothing Works , exept a Phone Number .... but he explained he don t sell 

MG Parts !

So... what will happen to all those Cars , if they need a repair ...

any Advice is helpfull

• Confused 1

I'm confused as well, but there have been many customers in Thailand complaining about ridiculous waiting times for certain parts which are not made in Thailand. There have been a couple of customers waiting 3 months or more for a windshield to arrive from China (made in China, by SAIC), etc. 

Get rid of it ASAP, and buy something local e.g. Toyota, Honda. It will get worse before it gets better. The Chinese have a long way to go before they can be considered equivalent to the Japanese for customer service.

• Like 1

Ah the joys of having a unique car while living in the boonies. Same happens with Chinese motorbike in Indonesia. Dealer with shiny bikes sets up in town, Many buy shiny bikes. But no service dept, no spare parts etc. 

I pass a BKK MG dealer everyday. If I needed a hobby I would offer to help.

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Ah the joys of having a unique car while living in the boonies. Same happens with Chinese motorbike in Indonesia. Dealer with shiny bikes sets up in town, Many buy shiny bikes. But no service dept, no spare parts etc. 

I pass a BKK MG dealer everyday. If I needed a hobby I would offer to help.

Their little mg zs outsold the honda hrv last month. There will be many unhappy motorists over the next few years. Cheap comes with a price. 

• Like 1

People are going to be in for a surprise when even a MG oil filter is 3 times the price of a Toyota filter and uses the same filter as Landrover from 15 years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

People are going to be in for a surprise

I was surprised how  very tiny the oil filter on my Toyota is  and that they cost only 110 baht albeit Bosch equivalent parts.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

I'm confused as well, but there have been many customers in Thailand complaining about ridiculous waiting times for certain parts which are not made in Thailand. There have been a couple of customers waiting 3 months or more for a windshield to arrive from China (made in China, by SAIC), etc. 

Had a friend who's Honda Jazz had an accident and had to wait 3 months fpor a spare part - and they are made in Thailand !

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Had a friend who's Honda Jazz had an accident and had to wait 3 months fpor a spare part - and they are made in Thailand !

Sure it has to do with the spare part or the insurance company not clearing the process for your friend and making the garage wait for their money. MGs are also made in Thailand btw.

Not at all, it was either the front or rear bumper they had problems getting - he even tried ordering through different Dealers top speed things up to no avail.

Correct, MGs are built here, I was just showing any make of vehicle can wait for parts where some ill-informed posters were blaming it on Chinese built vehicles!

23 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I'm confused, are you ordering from a dealer in China? Why are they speaking Chinese?

'Midnight Autos' 1 baht style business

- maybe they are waiting for the right type of car? to be obtained, stripped and processed

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

Their little mg zs outsold the honda hrv last month. There will be many unhappy motorists over the next few years. Cheap comes with a price. 

I should backpedal a bit - the hrv outsold the mg zs by a handful of units. There wasnt much in it. 

Edited by DavisH

14 hours ago, JoePai said:

Not at all, it was either the front or rear bumper they had problems getting - he even tried ordering through different Dealers top speed things up to no avail.

Correct, MGs are built here, I was just showing any make of vehicle can wait for parts where some ill-informed posters were blaming it on Chinese built vehicles!

I understand, but still for a Honda it shouldn't take longer than a few weeks to get parts in. We have ordered multiple body parts for our shop and every single time regardless of the model of Honda, have gotten the parts within 3 weeks or less. Sometimes, parts for Japanese cars might take longer than 3 weeks as they are imported from Japan, but normally their local distribution centers carry enough stock to supply the market.

So the OP has his new part in 3 days but it was the wrong colour. Who's fault we don't know. The dealer sent it back and got the correct one (in 3 days) but there was a charge for returned parts. I assume because the cause of the mistake is unknown and the dealer is in business to make money so why should he be out of pocket if it was not his fault.

Service sounds OK to me. 3 days for parts deliver to an upcountry dealership. But I don't live in paradise 80kms from my nearest dealer.

Paying a deposit for parts is normal to me. That is the same even at busy Honda motorcycle dealers if they don't have the part in stock.

Edited by VocalNeal