Drunk Russian Falls Off Bridge...............

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: March 8 2007

Drunken Russian falls off Bridge

The Dongtan police were informed at 2.10 am on 8th March that an accident where a motorbike hit the side of Pattaya Park’s Hotel

Bridge occurred and the driver of the motorbike had fallen off the bridge, which had a height of about a 3 storey building.

At the scene the police found a Nouvo motorbike on the bridge and the body of a foreign man under the bridge. His name was later found to be Mr. Ruslan, aged 38, from Russia. He is currently staying at the hotel. It is believed that he was probably very drunk at the time.

Nearby his concerned male a female friends gathered around him. His condition was so bad that the team quickly took him to the hospital.

The security guards of Pattaya Park Hotel stated that the injured man’s group had been drinking and driving the motorbike up and down the bridge – taking turns in circles many times throughout that night. It looked like the injured man didn’t know how to drive, because as soon as he got on the bike, he crashed into the side of the bridge and somersaulted over to the ground below.

Not a very kind response whynot? What concerns me is the insurance. If those who choose (and they do choose) to get trollyed and run someone over or have a collision with another vehicle, does that nullify their insurance (if they even are insured in the first place?)

A little off-topic but there seems to be a lot of headlines involving Russians here in Thai media over the past few weeks, some sad stories also. Anyway, having not been to Pattaya for 6 years, Is there now a large Russian 'presence', be it short/long term tourists?

KD :o

I was there when they first started coming to Dubai in numbers, it was terrible. As a country they do seem to bring much more trouble with them than others. Bank robberies, murders, assasinations, money laundering, drugs, you name it they are into it. And they do just get so paraletic stupid drunk.

This is not meant to be racist, I am just trying to share my experiences.

Edited by johnh101