New Management Company - Bid proposal document

Hello

is there any where I can find a document with standard selection criteria which I can use as an outline in preparing a bid document as a basis for choosing a new management company.

any good companies out there. My experience so far isn’t positive.

thank you.

A condo management company?

I would recommend avoiding small companies. Stick with the big ones, and go and visit some of the buildings they manage. If they look like slums you will know which companies to avoid. Check to see if their cash-flow reports and meeting reports are posted on time. If they aren't then you will know to avoid that management company.

For selection criteria there isn't really much to it though it does rather depend on the size of your building.

In larger buildings the management company will probably provide accounting services, legal assistance, some office staff for which they should have liability insurance, and they should organise your annual meetings and committee meetings and the preparation of all documents for those. They will prepare the annual budget and the monthly cash-flow report and the annual report. They will probably do the job of Juristic Person Manager for free, if you want them to. They will ensure legal compliance generally, and deal with contracts. They will obtain quotes for services and contractors and any other jobs that need doing. They will monitor staff and pay their wages and ensure that their social security payments are made. They will monitor cash and bank it for you. They will conduct engineering inspections and staff training, and plan for infrastructure repairs and improvements. They will prepare cheques to be signed and ensure that bills are paid on time. They will attempt to do the committee's wishes but should stop the committee from doing stupid or illegal things, or at least they should try to (many committees here seem to do nothing but stupid or illegal things).

Archived